facebook

will asa get a house soon

by: House

I know they r next on the list to get one, but how long will it take do u think?

Posted By: House
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: where   

where is this "list" that ASA is next on? Does this list even exist?

By: where
#2  by: process   

There is no list. There is a process that each organization must go through to get a house. The first item on the list is to have enough money saved for a down payment. Our fraternity is in that stage right now. We are in the middle of the capital campaign to raise the money needed to secure the mortgage to buy the lot and start building the house. Without a strong alumni base this process can take years. I don't think ASA has that many IU alumni since they were only open for the three years. I would guess that Sigma Kappa will be the first sorority to get a house. I know their alumni are already raising money, as are two other fraternities on campus.

The down payment will have to be between 15-20% of the total cost, which should be around $750,000. Ask any chapter that tells you they are getting a house how far along in the process they are.

By: process
#3  by: They are not getting   

a house. Their nationals doesn't like having chapter houses. Only 3-5 chapters have houses so the possibility of them helping and organizing such a thing are very slim. ASA has been at IU for around 6 years. They don't have a strong alumna base.

By: They are not getting
by: completely untrueJan 25, 2015 3:01:58 PM

They have far more than 3-5 houses, and if they are at a campus where a house is needed, a housing corporation is set up. I don't know if your in a bottom tier housed chapter or what but you're being hateful for no reason, as well as not knowing what you are talking about.

That being said SK is getting a house first simply because they have decades worth of alumnae.

By: completely untrue
by: @completely untrueJan 25, 2015 5:47:10 PM

sorry, but you're wrong. ASA only has five houses in the entire country. They're at Adrian, Central Michigan, Delaware, Drexel and Central Illinois. All tiny houses. ASA doesn't have the financial stability to have a house like they would need at IU. They have never planned on having one and never will. Get your facts straight before you tell others they are wrong. ASA is weak nationally and at IU. That's the fact.

By: @completely untrue
by: OpJan 25, 2015 11:25:56 PM

I don't know why you called me hateful. I was only stating the thruth as a proud alumna. Most of ASA houses aren't big enough to house girls, only a few do, most just consist of a chapter room and a place to hang out.

By: Op
#4  by: Again completely untrue   

2 minutes on Google proves you wrong. Pittsburg State, University of Northern Colorado, Missouri Valley all have houses. There are probably more but I don't care enough to keep looking.
Typical IU, when an organization starts showing some success, some groups feel threatened and have to try to pull them back down. As "process" said there is a process and serious money involved so it may not be in their immediate future, but we don't know. If you want to know what ASAs house plans are, if any, ask an ASA and stop speculating.

By: Again completely untrue
by: HahahahahaJan 25, 2015 9:57:11 PM

What progress? You'll always be a bottom tier national sorority that doesn't have enough money to have a house. You're nothing. Sorry the truth hurts.

By: Hahahahaha
by: wowJan 25, 2015 11:50:02 PM

There are a lot of scared people posting on this website...why else would they be so intent on running a group down? If a sorority is so "nothing" won't they close anyway without people making stuff up?

By: wow
#5  by: haha   

It's ASA, what do you think?

By: haha
#6  by: the lolz flow like wine   

This is IU where basically everything is done the complete opposite of the way nationals want sororities to do it, but in this case people can't stop talking about national reputations. IRONY.

By: the lolz flow like wine
#7  by: stop    

Can we just stop with the hate? It's obvious to me that ASA was one of the many chapters at IU who had successful recruitmentments. Good for them and good for the other chapters, too. Trying to tear down a group who is steadily improving shows that they are improving and someone doesn't like it.

By: stop
#8  by: not likely    

At the moment TPA is the only chapter with a housing fee in efforts to fund a house in the future.

By: not likely
by: NOT trueJan 31, 2015 3:19:06 PM

ASA includes theirs in their dues, but they do have one.

By: NOT true
by: NPCJan 31, 2015 8:33:38 PM

So Deephers are the only ones without a housing fee correct?

By: NPC
by: @npcFeb 1, 2015 2:43:42 PM

the PHA financial obligations excel sheet only notes (unhoused chapters) TPA with a building fund.

By: @npc
by: @@npcFeb 1, 2015 10:20:05 PM

someone upthread said that ASA includes the housing fee in their dues without specifically calling it a housing fund

By: @@npc
#9  by: Yep   

Like I said it's included in their yearly dues, as is Theta Phi. Their dues are almost similar and both are twice as much as DPhiE.

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.