facebook

rushing a sorority as a junior

by: Hoosier123

Call me crazy but I had to ask. I contacted the Panhellenic Council at IU about rushing as a junior and they said I could but that it's very rare. Freshman year i was prohibited due to my scholarship program, sophomore year I dislocated my hip and dealt with physical therapy for months, so here I am as a junior asking for your honest opinion. Do you know of anyone that was a junior that got accepted into a sorority? Whatever tier, at this point I'm willing to explain myself why it took so long for me to finally be able to get the chance to rush.

Posted By: Hoosier123
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truth   

You wouldn't get a bid.

By: truth
#2  by: hard   

It's hard, but not impossible. I would just be really honest with the sororities about why you're rushing as a junior. You're best bet is with the unhoused sororities. And Sigma Kappa is supposed to be colonizing on campus this spring I think so that would be another option. Rush is hard for anyone and while you might have more of a hard time because you're a junior, it's not impossible. Good luck!!

By: hard
#3  by: worth a shot   

Yes, I personally know a junior who received a bid during formal recruitment a few ago. She was listed as a junior because of AP credits, she made it clear during recruitment that she would still be on campus for two full years after recruitment in order to finish her degree. If this is also true for you, it doesn't hurt to try. Sigma Kappa is NOT coming this spring. They will not be coming until Spring 2016.

By: worth a shot
#4  by: okay   

Just put down that you are a sophomore. Who graduates on time anyway?

By: okay
#5  by: 122   

Why would you want to rush as a junior anyway. You will hange out with stupid freshman your junior year. Year will be half over by the time you get a bid. Being 21 hanging out with stupid freshman.

Senior year, nobody cares about greek life.

Waste of time, and embarrassing yourself. Just admit it. Your a GDI.

By: 122
by: 122Oct 31, 2014 8:04:18 PM

Your really not making much sense. I peaked on college. Yes I am in college.

A 3rd tier party school? I go for the education, not what tier party school. Anyone can get into asu.

I think I should be talking. No point rushing as a junior for the reasons I mentioned above.

You live in as a senior? That's when you want to love out if a sorority lets you live out. Senior year is when nobody cares about greek life.

By: 122
#6  by: transferred   

I am transferred to IU as a junior. For different reasons I didn't go through recruitment at my previous school. Technically, you are allowed to sign up and go through recruitment, but it is really rare to get a bid even as a sophomore. My Rho Gamma was confused and didn't know that it was even allowed. Anyhow, I got cut from most of the chapters after 19 Party, only got AEPhi and ADP back, and for the third round I didn't get any chapters back. If you can avoid answering what year you are maybe try doing that and make then fall in love with your personality so they can overlook your class standing.

By: transferred
#7  by: rhogamma   

Although it will be difficult, it is not impossible! If a chapter really likes you and you really connect with the girls, they'll look past the age! However, it is very rare for a junior to go through rush and get a bid just because it is already so competitive! Id try it, better to try than have constant "what ifs" on your mind!

By: rhogamma

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.