facebook

tke coming back

by: SD

Up until 1992 TKE was the very top house at SDSU. Wasn't even close. SAE was a distant second and Lambda Chi and Sigma Chi followed. Well guess what... The bad boys are back Fall 2015. Current top houses better step up their game

Posted By: SD
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ?   

how do you know they're coming back?

By: ?
#2  by: The truth   

What you are saying is true but that was back in 1992. The greek system at and SDSU was more wild back then now and frats are more diluted now then back then.

While they might easily be top house again they won't be like TKE from 1992 or before. University will not stand for things they had like their own sorority or body painting sororities or flat out racism.

By: The truth
#3  by: Just wait   

Actually the same thing happened at Florida State, Pike was kicked off in 1988 and came back 10 years later. Within a year they were top house and within 3 top house by far.

TKE at State was like Pike at FSU. Legendary and guess what? Both their national and local alums have tons of $. Just you wait and see my friend. Wait and see

By: Just wait
by: The truthJan 9, 2015 3:42:56 PM

The problem with TKE is they have a lot of weak chapters nationwide but national pays attention to 5 or so and they are top house - examples are USC, Ohio State, Univ of Washington etc. San Diego alumni are very well connected with national and when you get 5 MM from your national baby I'm sorry not even SAE will be able to compete. That's the truth.

By: The truth
by: PIKEJan 13, 2015 9:01:05 PM

TKE..... DO NOT compare yourselves with our FSU chapter. You are in no way size, shape or form in the same league as them.

By: PIKE
by: Keep waitingMar 3, 2015 11:57:02 AM

Part of what The truth said was totally spot on. TKE is one of the biggest (maybe the biggest) national fraternity in the country but the majority of its chapters are lower middle to bottom tier. Out of over 250 chapters/colonies, less than a dozen are considered in the top tier. That's a really terrible percentage! Your glory days at State won't be coming back anytime soon.

By: Keep waiting
#4  by: SDSU   

TKE National plans on giving millions to the local TKE Chapter and they can honestly buy a brand new house. They don't need their old house which is now small. Don't believe me? Up at USC they have 3 houses and own the Stbx Next door! This is serious

By: SDSU
by: Big differenceMar 3, 2015 12:01:07 PM

You really should stop making comparison. There's a huge between your TKE chapter at USC and your yet to be re-established chapter at SDSU. The funny thing is, everyone at SC hates the TKEs.

By: Big difference
#5  by: Ha   

Just wait my friend, the only sucking will be your girlfriend's slurping our c"ck

By: Ha
#6  by: Actually   

from '92 - 2000, the top 3 were SAE, Beta and Sigma Chi. Then the upper middle were Sig Ep and Lambda Chi.

By: Actually
by: WellMar 6, 2015 7:11:42 PM

It's true. Coming Fall 2016. Check out TKE.org

By: Well
#7  by: SDSU TKE Alum take   

There was no Fraternity close to TKE for many years up to the early 90's. Lambda Chi and SAE were distant second and third. Beta was not even considered. Sigma Chi was fourth and nobody liked them. I'll never forget the mega parties held by TKE - SAE - Lambda Chi jointly during the 85-90 time frame. Wet rush was phasing out but the craziness was abundant. It was a time when SDSU was a very top party school for US and TKE was on top. I agree, too many crazy party's and risks were taken and TKE was eliminated. There was also a great deal of jealously by other Fraternities. TKE was clearly dominant, full of SDSU athletes, high achievers, etc. We will see how this goes but you can look up many of the SDSU Gamma Lambda Alumni have gone on to big business. The Gamma Lambda alum is very strong financially along with national. In addition, all TKE gamma lambda alum still are the owners of that original house. Times have changed and the school has changed for the better scholastically but make no mistake, TKE will be back on top

By: SDSU TKE Alum take
by: ...Dec 14, 2016 12:39:55 PM

Get your shovels boys. We're going gravedigging!

By: ...
by: lolNov 13, 2019 8:42:41 PM

If you can't go Greek you go tke. So sure be proud you let in everyone look where that led tke now? Across the board they perform poorly.

By: lol
#8  by: Lmao what   

Remember when this was supposedly gonna happen hahahahah it's almost 2017 TKE what's good??

By: Lmao what
#9  by: Midi legend   

Tke dominates cuz csuf tke helped re-established them....

By: Midi legend
by: ^Nov 11, 2019 5:18:45 AM

Nice 5-year-old thread

By: ^
#10  by: Lol   

This is becoming my favorite running joke

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.