facebook

based off of what i see

by: wondering

I feel like if you're not in KD, ZTA, TRI DELT, ADPI and maybe PiPhi you have a completely different experience being in a sorority. a lot of people have told me that if youre not in a top tier or top of the middle then no one really wants to hang out with you, etc (im a senior in hs btw) i just want to know if this is true? and why ?

Posted By: wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: anon   

Coming from a girl that is in a "bottom tier" sorority this is completely false. I cant speak for the other lower houses but myself and my sisters have not had an issue with people not wanting to hang out with us. Your sorority experience is honestly what you make of it. I'm having the time of my life and I'm sure the top girls do also but I wouldn't let meaningless gossip get in the way of finding a true sisterhood that you fit into.

By: anon
#2  by: greek   

As a bottom tier, I do agree that it's a different experience, but not enough to make you not have a good time in your sorority. We may not be like, ZTA, for example, where top tier frats always want to go ok socials with us, but we from meaningful bonds with the fraternities that do hang out with us and we have just as much as a sisterhood as the top tiers. The biggest difference is in recruitment, where I imagine the top tiers have a much easier time of it

By: greek
#3  by: greek#2   

i would say that it's not really true. the top tier sororities usually have an easier time with recruitment and top tier frats. however, most of them don't really have a good reputation nor a close knit sister hood. being in a sorority is all of what you make out of it. i know some girls who are in bottom, top, mid tiers who hate their sorority and do not enjoy it, and vice versa! one thing i would say is one of my friends is in a bottom tier sorority, she did say she sometimes feel embarrassed to wear her letters b/c of what OTHER people think about her sorority. she thinks because theyre not top tier people think she must be a loser or whatever. it's stupid but i do know people who feel this way. i also know girls in top tiers who don't like the reputation of their sorority either and who are sometimes embarrassed. the bottom line is everyones experience is different. make sure you pick the right house for the right reasons. don't pick it for popularity or because "theyre the only ones who want me and i wanna be in a sorority so bad." pick one because YOU belong there and if you don't then don't rush for them. i love my sisterhood and i get along with most of the girls in my house. im proud of my letters!

By: greek#2
#4  by: True   

It depends on what you're looking for in a sorority. If you're looking for the social aspect and having socials with all the hot guys then, yes, the top tier sororities are the way to go. If you're looking for a stronger sisterhood bond and more goof ball guy friends, then the lower tier sororities are the way you're gonna wanna go. But there are always the execptions to the rule. Not all top tier sororities have bad sisterhoods, in fact, a lot of them have very good sisterhoods. And not all bottom tier girls only hang out with the goob guys. Witt this exception in mind, with choosing you are most likely gonna have to pick either or.

By: True
#5  by: ifc   

I'm in a bottom tier and it doesn't really matter. We don't hang out with top frats as an organization but personally i have a boyfriend and i'm not trying to find a hot frat boy so it doesn't affect me at all. Lol we still have a great time

By: ifc
#6  by: well   

if youre in middle tier like adpi , piphi or theta do you deal with not hanging out with who ever you want to? i think that's stupid

By: well
#7  by: Or nah   

Basically you have to choose one or the other: a good sisterhood and being friends with everyone in your sorority like they are your best friend or all the best parties, a close knit group of friends, and hot guys.

By: Or nah
by: nahDec 1, 2014 9:08:48 PM

Actually no. You can have both. Top tiers don't not have a sisterhood, that's just something lower tiers say to try to bring down the top tiers. Contrary to popular belief, some of the tops have a really good sisterhood...

By: nah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.