facebook

i was wondering

by: sooooo

does everyone that goes through formal sorority recruitment get a bid? just wondering because I don't think I've ever heard of someone not getting a bid.

Posted By: sooooo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: bid   

Yes, it is possible to not get a bid. They handle it quietly by calling the girl and telling her not to come to bid day so she's not embarrassed. If all the sororities you put on your preference card meet quota before they get to your name on the bid list, you wouldn't get a bid anywhere.
It's called "not matching"

By: bid
#2  by: anonn   

also you can get dropped everywhere before even getting to pref night. that happened to a girl in my group. it was really sad cause she was super nice. but she got dropped from everywhere by the middle of the week

By: anonn
by: nervousSep 6, 2014 2:26:21 PM

why do you think she got dropped? i'm super nervous i'll get dropped by all of them. i'm worried i'll get dropped because i'm not the best looking girl out there. i'm scared everyone just judges based off looks.

By: nervous
by: anonnSep 8, 2014 1:45:35 AM

to nervous-
I'm fairly certain she got dropped because of her age. She was either a junior or senior, she was engaged and had other stuff going on. Gonna be honest she didn't have the best style but I doubt thats purely the reason she got dropped everywhere. Don't be nervous!!! Just be outgoing and take some extra time to work on cute outfits(a good first impression never hurt anybody!) But really though everyone says it because its true- the system works ya just got to trust it. I didn't get my first choice and now that I'm here I love everyone of my sisters and couldn't picture myself anywhere else

By: anonn
#3  by: 2timefailure   

yes you can possibly not get a bid. i rushed at the school i went to freshman year and suicided (only put one sorority on my pref card) and didn't get the bid. then i transferred here and rushed and got dropped by all the night before pref.
but just be yourself, and if you do end up getting dropped then just know it will all work out. I realized i don't need greek life to be happy here. I've made my friend group of gdi's and even some greek girls and i am perfectly happy

By: 2timefailure

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.