facebook

spring sorority rush

by: knightxo

I was unable to be a part of recruitment week in fall and really want to join a sorority but now i don't know if I should try to rush spring or wait till my sophomore year..do all houses have a spring rush? And does waiting till sophomore year hurt your chances to join?

Posted By: knightxo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: RealTalk   

Waiting until sophomore year might hurt your chances slightly, but it's certainly not impossible! Make sure to keep your grades as high as possible, as your high school GPA won't count. If I were you, I would consider Gamma Phi Beta, they're starting a new chapter here! You could be a founding sister, which would be very cool, or wait and see what sororities are participating in spring rush. However, if you choose to participate in spring rush, I would attempt to make as many Greek friends as possible so you can start feeling out where you'd like to pledge. Unlike formal recruitment in the fall, you don't get to visit every house. So just be sure! And if you decide to rush sophomore year, make sure to get involved on campus, it'll help, and I wish you the best of luck! It'd also help to make some friends who are in the greek community currently anyway, it'll make your rush week potentially easier. <3

By: RealTalk
#2  by: springbaby   

I did spring recruitment last year an am so happy with where I ended up. Spring is totally informal so just keep an ear out for who will be doing COB events and take a chance and go! It doesn't cost you any money and if you decide you still want to wait, you can! It's a good way to meet people in Greek life even if you decide not to accept a bid from a house and go through formal recruitment, at least all the faces you see next August won't be strangers!

Just remember that if you accept a bid, you can't go through recruitment again for a full calendar year :)

By: springbaby

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.