facebook

who do i address this too?

by: BTFD

I'm sending a letter to a sorority for recruitment in Fall 2015... I'm not sure who I'm supposed to address the letter to though. Does anyone know where I can find the address and the person I'm supposed to address it too?

Posted By: BTFD
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Send   

it to who ever you want.

By: Send
by: BTFDMar 24, 2015 7:33:38 PM

yeah but is there a specific person in that sorority I'm supposed to send it too?

By: BTFD
by: NopeMar 24, 2015 10:42:24 PM

just send it to any member

By: Nope
#2  by: Really?   

If you're an alum, you should know who it goes to. Is this just some random letter you're sending? Or what?

By: Really?
#3  by: um   

It might help us if you gave us a little more information? Why are you sending a letter? What is the purpose? Are you a PNM? An Alum? Is this a rec letter?

For some reason when I read this, I got the vibe that this was a PNM who wants to send a creepy letter to a sorority telling them how much she wants to be in their house or something. Please don't do that.

By: um
by: BTFDMar 27, 2015 11:28:26 AM

Thats so rude because I'm not creepy or trying to be. I'm a PNM legacy explaining my low GPA to the sorority...

By: BTFD
#4  by: omg   

Please don't write a letter to the sororities as a PNM. It's going to make you look so desperate. Just my two cents as someone on my house's recruitment team. If we get a letter from you, that's what you'll be known as during rush. We'll remember you as "that girl who sent a letter" instead of "that girl I had a really good conversation with" or "the girl with the cute dress".

We get letters from alumni who are willing to explain a PNM's extenuating circumstances for a low GPA, and those are completely fine, because it is coming from a trusted sister. But why would we believe what a PNM has to say? Sometimes PNMs will write their excuses in their rush bio (the application you have to fill out to go through recruitment) and honestly, it just comes off as really weird. Don't do it.

By: omg
#5  by: ...   

Just address it to "the recruitment chair" and that should get it to the right person

By: ...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.