facebook

gpa is bull

by: lol

All of you people telling these girls if they don't have a 3.0 they won't get into top tier. Complete bs. As long as you have a 2.5 and over you are fine. The average GPA this year for New Members PC 2014 some of the top sororities was like a 2.8/2.9. It says it on the Greek Life website, its legitimate statistics. Its all BS, just have a 2.5 and above basically. Also girls, stop scaring all the girls with bad GPA's they are going to obviously find a house and get a bid to somewhere. You never know, Alpha Phi may love a girl with a 2.6 and take her so don't tell them on here they aren't getting into any top tiers. You don't know them.

Posted By: lol
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: um   

No one says that girls with low GPAs won't get bids. They just won't have their pick of the sororities like girls with higher GPAs will.

Sororities will make exceptions for girls they like. But if you have a low gpa, expect to get cut by a lot of houses right off the bat.

By: um
#2  by: this   

my freshman year, almost no sororities (besides bottom houses) would take grade risks. this year, almost every house took grade risks. the criteria for getting into a sorority is changing because recruitment is getting more and more competitive for hot girls rather than quality/well rounded girls. not saying its a bad thing, but its just the way things are at arizona now. grades are starting to be less important.

By: this
#3  by: Maybe   

Some houses have national rules though that force them to stop girls under a certain GPA. It just depends on the house and what their national's policies are.

By: Maybe
#4  by: NO   

GPA is NOT bull. Yes, sometimes exceptions will be made, but generally the first round of cuts are based on grades and grades alone. When we're rushing over a thousand girls, we can't go through and discuss each and every one of their personalities and what they looked like.

Also, if we have 2 girls that we liked equally, and it comes down to having to cut one of them, guess which one is getting the boot? The one with the lower GPA.

By: NO
by: penny palMar 8, 2015 10:50:55 PM

not to mention there is a GPA set by nationals too. Our chapter cuts anyone who doesn't meet our National GPA of 2.75 (and we always cute those with a 2.74) because we are not allowed to give them bids no matter how much we like them or they're a legacy.

By: penny pal
#5  by: Wrong   

Our largest cut is made on the first day to drop all girls below a certain GPA. We motion and vote on it- nothing further. We don't pull certain girls. GPA MATTERS for quality houses! Why would you even want to go to college if you didnt get a 2.8 in high school? Expect a 2.0 in college- so you'll be on probabtion anyway?

By: Wrong
by: LOLFeb 25, 2015 6:09:08 PM

Then why was alpha phi and some other top houses fall PC 14 like around a 2.8-2.9? WRONG.

By: LOL
by: DuhFeb 25, 2015 6:50:23 PM

Cause those were first semester college grades.

By: Duh
#6  by: Duh   

Don't look at new member first semester grades and think "oh I'll be okay coming in with a 2.5 from HS". Many of those lower GPAs came from freshmen who had 3.5 and above in HS but couldn't manage their time when they got to college. Big shock. And if you don't make grades, the sorority will either not initiate you (think Chi O) or you'll get dropped by the sorority if your GPA is crappy for a couple of semesters because you are pulling them down. Think it won't happen? It does.

By: Duh
#7  by: Me   

That average GPA is a first semester COLLEGE GPA, it has nothing to do with the high school GPA which is used in making recruitment cuts. A lot of people come to college with high GPAs then have a bad first and sometimes second semester. If you can't even get a 2.8 in high school, you are brain damaged and an even bigger grade risk.

Your GPA matters in recruitment. We make huge cuts for GPA right away. My house isn't going to make any exceptions. A few might (and they have a bunch of their PC not come back for a second year too.) If you have a crappy GPA, be prepared to be cut hard and be grateful for anyone who wants to invite you back.

By: Me
#8  by: Not Ok   

it's just plain rude to say that anyone below a 2.8 has brain damage.

By: Not Ok
by: DelusionalMar 2, 2015 7:56:56 AM

All you need to do to get a 2.8 in high school is to show up breathing. You'll never make it through freshman year in college. That's why none of the respectable houses want you dumb dumbs.

By: Delusional
#9  by: ...   

because the "top tier" sororities took so many grade risks from years past they are going to be a lot more strict when it comes to GPA cut offs next semester. My house is... and it is considered to be a "top house"

By: ...
by: lolMar 9, 2015 2:02:29 PM

ok maybe your house is but i bet a lot of the others are gonna be taking grade risk still considering they have the past few years... my little sister is going to be a freshman at UA and her roommate and her other friends are rushing and all have below 3.0's so good luck to that one! Arizona has been getting worse and worse every year, I bet half of the girls come in with around 2.8's.

By: lol
#10  by: !   

The only soroity that's not going to take grade risk is chi omega every other soroity takes grade risk!!

By: !

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.