facebook

cob/spring rush

by: cob pnm

I'm doing COB this spring and I know it's really only the bottom houses that are giving out bids. I don't think I have a problem with joining a bottom tier house, because I'm really just in it for the sisterhood. But, is it still worth it? Will people look down on me for being in a bottom house? Do they still party with frats and stuff? Will I get the same experience as being in a top house? I just don't want people to look down on me because of my letters. Is it really social suicide to join a bottom tier sorority?

Posted By: cob pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: relax   

Joining a bottom house is not social suicide. I'm in a "middle tier" house and I know plenty of girls in "bottom" houses who are really cool and love their sororities. Yes, they party with frats. Yes, they have just as much fun. And the "experience" you have is what you make of it.

After freshmen year, no one really gives a crap what your letters are. People get super cliquey about it their first year of college, but then people stop caring. I know girls in tri delt who hook up with guys in top frats and I know girls in aephi who party with aepi all the time. I honestly think that the relationships you have with frats depends more on who YOU are than what your letters are. Guys honestly don't care what house you're in as long as you're hot.

Some people may look down on you, but those same people will look down on girls in "top" houses for being dumb bimbos. You can't win with those people anyway. So don't try to please anyone but yourself.

It's not social suicide. You'll still go to date dashes and frat parties and philanthropy events. If you're really in it for the sisterhood like you say, then I say go for it. Good luck.

By: relax
#2  by: former COB   

I did spring COB, too, and I had your same concern. But honestly, I couldn't be happier that I didn't listen to those people and joined a house I love. My thing is, who cares what they think because I'm in a "bottom house." I mean, what does that mean anyways? I wear my letters with pride because ONLY my sisters and I know what they mean, and my founders chose them for beautiful reasons. And when I look at them, I see every beautiful experience I've had since I've joined- sisters who are always there for me, officer positions, memories from sisterhood events, date dashes, and philanthropy events. You're experience is what you make of it, and if petty girls think less of you because you found something special in a house, who cares? They just don't understand how wonderful those letters can be.

By: former COB
#3  by: advice   

my best friend did spring COB last year after being really hesitant about it. I'm in an upper tier sorority and she really wanted to join mine except we weren't giving out bids. She was really uneasy about joining a lower tier sorority but she hasn't had any regrets since joining. She's a gorgeous girl who was really popular in hs so I think she thought she wouldn't fit in. She was so wrong. She loves her house and her big and she and her sisters definitely party/go out and get guys just as much as any other sorority girl. this whole tier stuff is nonsense. Your sorority experience is what you make of it. There are gorgeous, fun girls in every house.

By: advice
#4  by: Too teir cob    

I'm pretty sure alpha phi has to spring rush because they had so many girls drop from their PC. You could possibly get in a top house now but I can't guarantee how much longer they will be one though

By: Too teir cob
by: stopJan 27, 2015 6:36:27 PM

Even if APhi was giving out bids, they aren't doing spring rush. They would just give out bids to girls they already know and are basically already in the house. aka, girls who are bffs with the sisters.

By: stop
by: noJan 28, 2015 12:35:15 PM

Sigma Kappa did spring rush, guess their mean girl attitude scared away so many of their fall PC that they had to scramble to make up for the lost numbers.

By: no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.