facebook

welcome?

by: TopHouseNewMember

Hi. I'm a New Member in one of the three top houses and so far it's not good. I've heard bad things about my sisterhood from New Members in other houses, saying things like my sisters are the most mean. My PC is cool but the girls in it haven't been very welcoming.
What do I do?

Posted By: TopHouseNewMember
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: advice :)   

sorry you are feeling this way :( but don't let the opinions of others influence your thinking! get to know your house as best as u can!!! if you see your PC as "cool" as u mentioned above then you should be getting along with them fine! if someone asks u to go out with them then accept the invite and get to know them better. it may seem these girls have already split into mini cliques but that doesn't mean they are not willing to get to know anybody else. u gotta make the effort to make the experience worth your while. if you do find that girls are actively ignoring you talk to your new member educator, because that shouldn't be happening in any sorority and its definitely not cool. you may think its "childish" to talk to your new member educator but its their position to make you feel welcome in the house as well as educate u on the history of the house and everything. soonish you will be picked into a sorority "family" and have bond with older members too! i would advice u to stick with it! being in a sorority is a great thing and being in the greek community is even better. just hold on and you will be fine. the house wanted you for a reason so just be involved and things will eventually turn around! sorry for the supper long response and hope this helps!

By: advice :)
#2  by: no   

don't come to greekrank for advice, talk to your new member educator and tell her how you feel. it takes a lot of effort to feel comfortable and it's only been a month. there are so many different girl it's going to be hard to find where you fit in. give it more time and talk to your new member board :) and don't listen to anything girls in other houses say. they say what they hear and repeat what they here from actives who shouldn't say anything about anyone in any other houses unless they are a part of them!

By: no
#3  by: ugh   

Please don't call it a sorority. You're in a Sorority.

By: ugh
by: @ughOct 1, 2014 6:22:35 PM

stfu and look at tsm bc strat is a thing. besides its a new mem talking. cut her some slack.

By: @ugh
#4  by: huh   

Lots of classy girls here at the UofA. Hot but lacking in mental aptitude. Better get the Mrs. degree because you have a better chance of falling out of a boat than finding a career. Lots of love from all UA frats.

By: huh
#5  by: well   

Those other girls are just jealous. Hang out at the house more and be outgoing. You need to put yourself out there to make friends in any house.

By: well
#6  by: the truth   

I hate to say this but maybe you should've chosen a sorority that is based more on sisterhood and that actually likes each other. I don't mean to be rude but if sisterhood is what you wanted then maybe you should've focussed on that from the beginning.

By: the truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.