facebook

pc

by: 2015

About how many spots are left open in PKT for out of state girls ??

Posted By: 2015
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sadly   

NO and might be better off! Just not as good as the past

By: Sadly
by: ^Jul 2, 2015 8:00:00 PM

Typical jealous misinformation from a bitter lower tier girl

By: ^
#2  by: Theta    

2014: 9 of 67 new members were OOS, 2 of the 9 were legacies

2013: 10 of 76 new members were OOS, no legacies, 3 of 10 were sophomores

By: Theta
#3  by: Theta    

2012: 13 of 74 OOS, includes 3 legacies and 2 sophomores

2011: 12 of 64 OOS, 4 legacies & 2 sophomores

You have a better chance of getting into Theta as an OOS than if you from Texas but aren't from HP/Memorial/Alamo Heights or top Dallas/Houston/Fort Worth private schools. BUT, 99% of OOS Thetas are from the "Highland Park" of their city/state (Greenwich, CT; NYC & it's Westchester suburbs; Palo Alto, CA; Buckhead, Atlanta; exclusive parts of Memphis or Savannah; etc). They are mostly girls from very wealthy families and attended elite private or boarding schools. Not just some random girl from Ohio or wherever.

By: Theta
by: :)Jul 13, 2015 2:10:24 AM

The actives know that Palo Alto is a wealthy area? I am a bit concerned because I'm from PA but worry that in-state girls wouldn't necessarily know that I could pay dues and whatnot

By: :)
by: We know Jul 17, 2015 1:14:01 PM

If you're from a respected family on the Main Line, you're good. It's easy to read a rec / rush packet and understand family prominence and finances....which is what PKT cares about!

By: We know
by: We know Jul 17, 2015 1:15:16 PM

PA = Pennsylvania in my last post

If PA= Palo Alto, yes, we've established that we already know!!!

By: We know
#4  by: ???   

What about tri delta, chi o, and zeta?

By: ???
by: similarJul 17, 2015 8:07:43 AM

We usually bid about 10 OOS based on 75 person pledge class. Less based on area, more based on if you are cool. However, if it comes down to an OOS or a Texas girl, odds might not be in your favor.

If you're a sophomore your chances definitely go up just because all the houses are fighting over a few good sophomores.

By: similar
#5  by: ha ha HA   

Jealous of what? Paragraphs on GR! Sounds a little unstable!

By: ha ha HA
by: @ha ha HAJul 7, 2015 6:43:12 PM

Jealous because you will never be in a top house and bitterly troll this site to unleash your venom.

By: @ha ha HA
#6  by: ut   

people from ut aren't tards, we know that palo alto is a wealthy area

By: ut
by: haha Jul 17, 2015 3:52:16 PM

haha ok... i know you guys aren't tards but I wasn't sure if everyone would know that it was a wealthy area. I'm glad that my hometown will help me in recruitment... I get nervous being from OOS

By: haha
by: 13 - 0Jul 17, 2015 11:45:10 PM

People sent recommendations in for you right? I hope so since you will need them.

It is difficult to impossible for most Texas girls to get into the top three, and the next three could never be described as easy. So you really shouldn't be focusing on that. Also, the things that we consider top at Texas really won't be important to you and might even be to your detriment. For instance, do you really want to be in a house with a bunch of girls who have known each other their entire lives?

Also, some of the houses that are middle to low here are much stronger where you come from; Alpha Phi and Delta Gamma for example. You might find some of those houses better fits because they're a little more diverse plus they will offer you more opportunities once you graduate if you're going back to California.

Honestly, if you took almost any of our chapters here and put them at another college, they would be top tier there. We attract that much quality and our chapters are that strong.

By: 13 - 0

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.