facebook

international student

by: internationalstudent

hey, i know that most of UT is full of white people, so i want to know how hard is for a Hispanic to get into a frat? and what are the frats with more Hispanics?

Posted By: internationalstudent
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

Best thing you can do is come to RoundUp or contact an alumnus from one of the fraternities you're interested in and then you'll get a feel. I'm going to be honest, a lot of these kids have little to no international exposure or culture and it takes a lot to get them out of their shells. Really good fraternities like fiji/SAE/sig Ep have kids who have hung out together since high school and played on the same sports teams in affluent communities here. Some of these kids have hispanic backgrounds, but they've "followed the formula" if that makes sense aka gone to the "right" schools, etc. As an international student, there's no doubt you share a similar level background-wise...but the problem is...people here aren't necessarily as open minded. To rush effectively you need to get in touch with actives (members) or alumni far ahead of time. Also Towers or Callaway are good buildings to look into. DON'T live on campus (it kind of sucks and you won't meet as many people or get a sense of whether greek life is something for you).

By: Truth
by: internationalstudentMar 18, 2015 1:31:04 AM

thanks man, one more thing, i heard that the RoundUp is just like a bunch of parties but, can anyone get into the parties or i have to know someone in the frat to get in? I am a UTSA student rn, but i will be transferring in the fall to UT.

By: internationalstudent
by: okMar 18, 2015 10:44:22 AM

you definitely have your work cut out for you as a UTSA transfer tbh. I thought you were a legit "international student" from the impression you first gave. You have to know people very well for fiji/sae/kappa sig/sig ep to let you into a roundup party. You'll have to know someone for every party. I am pretty sure sigma chi lets all walks of life into their roundup party, but that isn't really true for their rush. start making contacts now, if you can. Roundup is not a good time to start..

By: ok
by: one more thingMar 18, 2015 10:48:46 AM

depending on where you want to go, I'd recommend getting in touch with alumni NOW or if you have friends at UT who can connect you, even better. Did you go to a good school that could help connections-wise? What are you planning on majoring in? Do you honestly see yourself fitting in? Consider all of these points too

By: one more thing
by: replyMar 18, 2015 6:23:01 PM

I mean i am a legit international student, i was in a community college studying English for a semester, and then i did one year in a community college because classes are easier in there for people whos english is not their first language. Then, i was going to tranfer to UT but i missed the deadline and i didnt want to stay in a community college cause , you only see like old people in there, so i transferred to UTSA, and now i already applied to UT and i am pretty sure i am going to get accepted cause my gpa is 3.92.Do you think that i will have a problem that i am going to be a junior in the fall? I will be 19 years old though and i have like 3 more years to graduate. Also, i do not know anybody in UT austin cause like i said i am a legit international student and i only know people here in san antonio. I have been here in this country for 2 years so far.

By: reply
by: ^Mar 18, 2015 8:07:55 PM

How wealthy are you?

By: ^
by: never mindMar 19, 2015 9:11:55 AM

you're good, you're good. I'm sure that if you start making connections now, people will appreciate something new. It is a difficult process though

By: never mind
by: ^^Mar 20, 2015 10:47:17 PM

i got money man, i mean i am going to pay 20K per semester at UT and it is almost impossible to get an scholarship as an international student.I do not throw the money though. i mean i dress with nice clothes but i control most of the times how much i spend.

By: ^^
#2  by: Tbh   

ATO is your best bet. They take mostly all minorities.

By: Tbh
#3  by: and   

UT is not full of white people. Greek, maybe, but not UT!

By: and
#4  by: humMMMM....^^^^^   

all of them have them

By: humMMMM....^^^^^
#5  by: ha HA   

jkdzfkdjaflkjas

By: ha HA
#6  by: Top Girl   

I think we have a small amount of minorities in houses. That is somewhat do to them not rushing though!

By: Top Girl
#7  by: Correct    

go through rush man

By: Correct

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.