facebook

national tiers

by: oos

Can someone with a clue tell me the national tiers of sororities and fraternities?

Posted By: oos
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: huh   

Like in how good are the fraternities and sororities nationally?

Well: SigEp, SAE, Fiji, ATO, Sigma Chi, Kappa Sig, and Pike are pretty good all over the nation.

Kappa, Theta, Pi Phi, Tri Delt, Zeta, Chi O, ect. are also pretty good just about everywhere.

By: huh
by: um,Sep 14, 2014 10:57:58 PM

kappa is usually good or middle with some bad chapters. The rest are all over the place.

By: um,
by: alsoSep 15, 2014 3:35:55 AM

Delt, ATO, Alpha Phi, and DG are relatively strong nationally

By: also
by: lolSep 15, 2014 9:52:24 AM

Is that a joke??

By: lol
by: HonestlySep 15, 2014 8:21:14 PM

No, it isn't a joke, dumba##! Alpha Phi and DG are huge nationally. Ever leave Texas?

By: Honestly
#2  by: Frat   

SAE and Sigma Chi are the best

By: Frat
by: YeaSep 19, 2014 2:21:08 PM

These two are on their own level. Sae took a hard hit last year but sig chi has had a few top houses get kicked off as well

By: Yea
#3  by: i think   

AZD and KD are top

By: i think
#4  by: fact   

KKG
PiPhi/Theta
XO/DDD
DG/ZTA/ADPi/KD
APhi/AXO/Gamma Phi

The rest of the 26 don't compare nationally

By: fact
#5  by: gg   

Kd is the best sorority in the south followed by chio, tridelta, phimu and dz. Piphi is ok and theta is terrible except at uga and kentucky. They had to close at arkansas and probably should close at lsu. Dg and aphi are very strong on the west coast

By: gg
by: noSep 17, 2014 10:23:45 AM

XO, ZTA, KD, ADPI, Phi Mu, and Tridelt are the top 6 of the South.

KKG, PIPHI, THETA, DG, XO, DDD are the top 6 of the rest of the country

By: no
by: OMG!Sep 17, 2014 10:08:11 PM

APhi. First at M.I.T. Latest addition at Harvard. chapters at Cornell. Dartmouth, Duke. Huge in CA and AZ and Virginia and Indiana, and New York, and Pacific Northwest, and Ohio, and Michigan. Growing in SEC. Mid level in Texas. Just acknowledge this. Phi Mu? KD? Really?

By: OMG!
by: ccSep 18, 2014 4:43:04 AM

I think kd is as strong as aphi. Phi mu is still more a southern sorority but they are growing but theta and dg are just as spotty as aphi and kd but all of them are good

By: cc
#6  by: jj   

I would also state that kd is awesome in washington state and oregon -just an fyi. I think kd is one of the stronger ones nationalky

By: jj
#7  by: well   

Zeta is ok in the south but the heavy hitters are kd chio. And tridelta and sometimes kappa. From lousiana up to virginia kd is really strong

By: well
by: YeahSep 19, 2014 4:24:31 PM

Zeta is generally strong middle or upper middle tier at big Southern schools with a handful of top tier chapters. At regional schools in the South they are often top tier. KD, Chi O, Tri Delt, Kappa, ADPi and Phi Mu are probably the top Southern houses.

By: Yeah
#8  by: caligirl   

Kd is also raising in ca and is becoming more of a presence out there. Guys phi pi, theta and dg are great but they are hit or miss throughout the country. Piphi is great here and colorado though and some in the midwest state gamma phi is great in illionis wisconsin and the midwest states all of these sororities are good though

By: caligirl
#9  by: lmao   

lmao obviously none of you have ever been to other campuses

By: lmao
by: AgreedSep 18, 2014 10:23:45 PM

UT has almost all the top houses, but the order doesn't play out the way they keep trying to make it based on their experiences here.

By: Agreed
#10  by: GreekGirl   

XO, KKG, DDD, Theta and DG are the biggest & best nationally. Known for being picky with where they colonize new chapters, strong alumnae involvement, and being top/middle tier at the strong Greek schools.

ADPi, Zeta, Pi Phi, and AXO and maybe Gamma Phi Beta are the next national tier.

Then, there are the strong Southern houses like KD, Alpha Phi, and Phi Mu...big deal in the Deep South but not really strong elsewhere.

By: GreekGirl
by: HmmmSep 18, 2014 10:22:00 PM

I think you switched Alpha Phi and ADPi. I would also add that CHIO is an excellent sorority with a very strong nationals. but they are not picky. They are more like ZTA. I say look at Ivy League, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 1o, SEC, etc. Theta is more hit and miss than people want to believe. APhi is big in all of them except SEC where they are rising. Same with DG. DG and APhi are quite similar in areas of prominence and strong Nationals. Gamma Phi is a great group but not many top of the top chapters. Kappa is generally the MOST picky about where to place a chapter. My sister worked for one of the nationals and every one of the sororities above have pluses and minuses which make it impossible to pick a real tier system. Generally, like it or not, the top consists of XO, ZTA, KKG, DG, Pi Phi, APhi, Theta, AXO, and DDD, and KD. In no real , particular order.

By: Hmmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.