facebook

freaking out

by: OOS

Because I got invited to seven houses... Two top a total of three I absolutely love and the other four were the only ones I didn't like.... So nervous I'll get cut from the real "exclusive ones" and be left with a house I am uninterested in .. Advice help ahhhhh

Posted By: OOS
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Relax   

Statistically speaking, you probably will get cut from the real "exclusive ones" because most people do. And then you will come to the realization that the other "non-exclusive ones" that are left are filled with beautiful amazing girls who have a great sorority too! And then the next round you might get cut from those and be smacked in the face with the even realer reality that they are ALL more exclusive than you thought. #realitycheck

By: Relax
#2  by: Perfect Response ^   

To a very entitled PNM who has no clue.

By: Perfect Response ^
#3  by: focus   

Why are you going through recruitment? If it's all about the social ladder, you're statistically screwed...or you could win the lottery (yeah, you).

If you are looking for true sisterhood, stop worrying about the things you've heard about each house and focus on where you feel you fit in best and enjoy the events you have left.

Seriously, no matter the house, if you can't find someone you like in a house of hundreds of girls, maybe sorority life isn't your thing.

By: focus
#4  by: Your Mom Says   

"Pack your bags, Princess! We'll just run you down the road to Texas State! Their recruitment doesn't start til next week! Maybe we can get you a do-over!"

By: Your Mom Says
#5  by: Simon Says   

Ok so I am trying to pick apart your post. Here Is the reality. There are 9 or 10 VERY strong houses at UT (Based on return rates.....not rumor or "maybes"). I have no idea if you believe this or if you are just one of the girls out there that think Big 6 = Top and no one else matters. If you are the later, then you are setting yourself up for a major disappointment. Like "RELAX" said, if you actually knew about how recruitment works (return rates, etc) you would realize 9-10 houses actually consistently have return rates that are greater than 98% and many "mid" houses have stronger return rates than the big six. So I suggest you take a second look at the other houses that showed interest in you and don't go in being disinterested, etc. If you do, you more than likely will be here on Sunday pouting how you were released from Recruitment.

By: Simon Says
#6  by: Quit   

Quit before the humiliation of being released happens...... You've got a high probability of being dropped

By: Quit
by: This oneAug 21, 2014 7:06:25 PM

was probably tryna be snarky but there is some truth to this. If you can't take it and ur gonna drop anyways do it now so other girls who don't get invites as good as yours can get bumped up in the system. Don't take up a spot that someone else could have only to drop at pref night. Not cool.

By: This one
#7  by: Hmmmm   

You know this is only the first invite round right? There are plenty of cuts coming even with those houses you "don't like." even now, you have a less than full schedule. You'd better adjust your attitude pretty fast.

By: Hmmmm
by: This^Aug 21, 2014 7:03:12 PM

And to be a little more gentle about it...We all get that it can be an ego blow to not get the houses you are hoping for/expecting. It stings and it's not fun. And nothing's wrong with you, just like nothing's wrong with all the other houses that you decided you "don't like" (after spending a whopping 20 minutes inside their house!) My advice is just to focus on getting to know the women in the houses that have invited you back. After all, you are taking a spot that could have been some other PNMs who they had to cut so that you could be there...so be careful not to be so dismissive and ungrateful. Then if you are lucky enough to have a house invite you to join, give it a month of actually being in the group with the hundreds of other women and see how you feel about that sorority then. Most girls find out they are where they are meant to be and actually love it--which is why all the sororities at UT are so big! Good luck!

By: This^
by: "Give it a month"Aug 22, 2014 12:29:04 PM

is actually good advice for every pnm. Even the ones who get their first choice can be overwhelmed in the first couple of weeks because all of a sudden they're thrown into doing everything with the other 65 girls in their new pledge class instead of the girls in the chapter that they joined for! It feels like choosing a husband and expecting to go on your honeymoon together only to have him introduce you to his 65 sister wives and telling you that you should love them because he loves them! LOL Okay not exactly like that, but the point is everyone feels a little out of place at first until you really get a chance to get to know everyone else who joined with you!

By: "Give it a month"
#8  by: ^   

so many snarky commets to a PNM who is nervous, best advice is to not post on here or even read posts on here. keep an open mind and be the best you can be without getting down on yourself (yes, we know its a shot to the ego) go have fun. after all thats what its about. reputations don't matter, get to know the girls more

By: ^
by: the truthAug 22, 2014 8:02:16 AM

she needs to develop a thicker skin not whine all over the internet. now you get off this site, mom

By: the truth
#9  by: Fake   

So sick of fake posters. No rushee at UT could have asked the above question. If you look at the time and date of the question, that's RIGHT WHEN rushees are involved in the recruitement (see schedule). UT Panhellenic Dean of Students website. Over to the right click on "recruitement schedule". Duh, such stupid fake people posting.

By: Fake
by: UhAug 23, 2014 9:14:09 AM

Are you stupid? There are 15 minutes in between each house and two philanthropy days, even girls with a full schedule could have breaks that are hours long.

By: Uh
#10  by: Well   

People who don't have a full schedule have breaks and smart phones so it's not impossible at all.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.