facebook

sorority status

by: Curious

Which sororities are on the rise,which are declining and which are status quo? And why do you think so?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

Alpha phi is definitely on the rise

By: well
by: DGJul 20, 2014 11:59:16 PM

DG is definitely on the decline

By: DG
#2  by: Catwomen   

You will not get an honest answer to that question. Haters will come and hate on each other (which is NOT how it is on campus) and jab each other. Pick somewhere you love, and don't worry about anyone thinks. The Big 6 will always be the Big 6 and DG and Alpha Phi will always be strong middle tier along with A Chi O....how those three rank inside the mid tier is a matter of personal opinion.

By: Catwomen
by: NoJul 21, 2014 2:20:31 PM

DG fell way off, Alpha Phi was definitely below the other two a few years ago, and the lower tier chapters have closed the gap a lot. Things actually do change except on Greekrank.

By: No
by: AgreedJul 21, 2014 11:50:59 PM

DG and APhi have shifted spots, at least for now. There are some girls who are devastated if they don't get Big 6 and some even more specifically PKT. These sororities are all great, but really there are also lots of girls who don't care one bit and are thrilled with any house. Many girls actually want AXO or APhi or DG OVER the Big 6. Same is true to some extent for ADPi, KD, And AZD. This isn't Alabama with a huge difference between top and bottom. All our sororities are amazing and have lots to offer and many social opportunities as well as philanthropic activities.

By: Agreed
by: noJul 22, 2014 8:47:42 AM

No one wants alpha phi or azd. They have no legacies or presence in Texas. Girls are happy when they get in though.

By: no
by: NoJul 22, 2014 6:21:36 PM

AZD and APhi are not the same level. APhi is huge nationally and must have a large alumnae system in the metro areas with many people from out of state. AZD not as much. There are fewer strong chapters of KD, ADPi, AZD in the state of Texas than APhi. My local Panhellenic had tons of AXO, Chi o, DDD, ZTA, then less Theta, Kappa, and Pi Phi, a handful of APhi, KD, and ADPi and one DG and no AZD. None. This is a moderately small town, but still. ANd yes, the same girls who want ZTA and AXO often end up Aphi. At least that has been my experience. Lots of cross pref with those.

By: No
by: YepJul 22, 2014 6:39:55 PM

Those three are the hot sororities, accord to my guy friends. Beauties in all sororities, but overall hot seems to go to AXO,ZTA, and APhi. I am not in one of those and I think MY sorority has the most classy and beautiful girls.

By: Yep
by: ^Jul 23, 2014 6:01:28 PM

As a guy Tri Delt and XO are both really hot as well. I've seen hot girls everywhere from PKT to ADPi, KD and AXiD, and even seen a few SDTs who are good looking. My top in overall average attractiveness would probably be XO, DDD, ZTA, APhi and AXO in no specific order,

By: ^
by: AgreedJul 24, 2014 8:25:41 PM

You are right. Good looking girls in every sorority, but I agree those five are the hottest.

By: Agreed
#3  by: Huh   

I not sure Aphi is stronger in Texas than ADPi . APhi has closed at TCU,not at Baylor or SMU, closed at A&M. ADPI is weak at A&M a little better at TCU and Baylor but they have chapters and ADPi is pretty good at smaller schools like UNT and Texas State. Ok Aphi is a lot better at Tech.

By: Huh
by: ADPiJul 24, 2014 6:00:55 PM

Has strong chapters at Texas State and I think Sam. APhi has good, strong chapters at Tech, UT, and UNT. All of these are stronger than ADPI. They are decent at a few smaller schools. I think APhi is stronger overall and it is a sorority whose Nationals seem to be pushing for growth. At the schools which have them both, APhi is definitely stronger. Seems like APhi, AOPi,DG, and Gamma Phi are popping up every where. ADPi is the very bottom at TCU and Baylor.

By: ADPi
#4  by: This is Texas   

You're joining the chapter at UT, not somewhere else...who cares about tech and state?

By: This is Texas
by: Apparently Jul 24, 2014 8:21:28 PM

The people discussing it do. Duh.

By: Apparently

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.