facebook

just wondering

by: question

I am rushing in the fall and so excited! I am a tri delt and alpha phi legacy. I have no preference what sorority I get into...just one where I love my sisters. My family wants me in a legacy house, but I honestly don't care. I know a lot of the stuff on here is just smack talk, but I have read some posts that seem to be sincere and helpful. So....truly honest opinion and no smack talk, please, but is there really that much difference between being in alpha phi and tri delt? Or really any of the sororities? I have looked at all the websites and they all seem to have cute girls and fun pictures.

Posted By: question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Both   

great houses, great sisterhoods, and great girls. All UT sororities offer the best of the best. Number one thing you must follow though - go with the house that works for you and be proud of your choice.

By: Both
#2  by: Guest   

Tri delts are top tier, A phi is probably top middle tier, but both are fun ppl to hang out with and are nice

By: Guest
#3  by: Personally    

like Tri Delt better, the girls I've met are nicer in my experience, but I don't know everyone in either chapter by any means.

By: Personally
#4  by: UT   

Theres not alot of difference between the sororities with houses. Join the house where you feel more comfortable.

By: UT
#5  by: True^   

There are some differences, but they're all good.

By: True^
#6  by: Honestly   

Top tier fraternities don't mix with Alpha Phi and if they do it's usually very very late in the semester and not taken seriously by those guys.

On that note, all of my alpha phi friends are some of the best friends amongst themselves. They love each other and they absolutely love their sorority way more so than other UT sororities. They have great bonds with great guys who just didn't have the connections to pledge SAE/KSig/Fiji/SigEp.

By: Honestly
by: welllOct 2, 2014 7:49:51 PM

hahahahahaha that is the most shallow and stupid thing I ever heard. It sounds like something out of a bad television show. Get real.

By: welll
#7  by: Sorority Girl   

Tri Delta is definitely the more prestigious choice as long as you fit in. But you really should make your decision based on where you feel most comfortable. Do not mention your legacy chapters to other groups though. It can make them cut you early.

By: Sorority Girl
#8  by: Thanks!   

I appreciate all the kind advice and input. I will definitely keep it all in mind. I really can't wait to see how it all turns out.

By: Thanks!
#9  by: SIC   

Why do you kids get on here and ask these questions-ignorance is bliss, if you don't get everyone and their dog's opinion, you can go in open minded and without pressure to "shoehorn" yourself into what you have been told is the better place. You might find a way in but end up hating your sisters, wishing you would've gone with your own gut, rather than biased, unsubstantiated claims. Don't ask those questions anymore, prejudice is the thing that holds us back from where we are meant to be, and those we are suppose to be around to learn and grow from. Don't rob yourself of your own self discovery.

By: SIC
#10  by: Wellll   

Outside of the Greek community, no one cares which sorority or fraternity you are in

By: Wellll

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.