facebook

why are the rankings the way they are?

by: helpl

I've seen so many posts about the rankings of sororities on here. The general consensus I've noticed is that if you're in the top 8, you're golden. I just wanted to know what factors have decided the rankings? I'm going through recruitment this fall and I want to know why I should shoot for the top 8. Why is is that sororities like KD or ADPi aren't listed (they're just examples) and will I not have a great experience if I'm not in the top 8? I'm just looking for some guidance, thanks!

Posted By: helpl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: its up to you   

Sorority life is what you make it. Much of the posting on here is self promotion. Your life will not be over if you are not in the "top 8" Consider all the people who are not in greek life at all, yet are happy and successful.

Go into rush with an open mind and a good attitude.\n\n\n\n\n

By: its up to you
by: Top 8Jul 24, 2017 9:19:55 AM

KKG, XO, DDD, PiPhi, AXO, Theta, DG, Zeta........... <<< your top 8. However, APhi & DG are interchangeable.

By: Top 8
by: DG....Jul 24, 2017 1:11:05 PM

You need to go to bed. DG actually goes head to head with KD and mixes with a bunch of ATO and Phi Psi.

DG is "Top 8" my ass. lol

By: DG....
#2  by: ADPI and KD   

The sorority experience isn't that different in KD or ADPi You might mix its ATO, Pike or Phi Pai instead of SAE or Fiji .

By: ADPI and KD
by: HaJul 2, 2017 11:19:57 PM

And those guys actually go to UT. Unlike the guys in SAE.

By: Ha
#3  by: ADPi and KD 2   

Sorry for typos got interrupted. Both sororities take quota as well.

By: ADPi and KD 2
#4  by: Top 8   

Those houses are harder to get into but all sororitys at UT will give you a great greek experience, even SDT. All sororitys have philanthropy, mixers, rituals, formals, a place to meet, etc.

The top 8 girls are mixing with top (richer) frats but DG, KD, ADPi, AZD are mixing with great guys at Pike, ATO, Phi Psi, etc.

By: Top 8
by: ^^^^^Jul 7, 2017 11:59:34 PM

very true

By: ^^^^^
by: @aboveJul 21, 2017 1:17:31 PM

I know they aren't considered "top" but kd is really cute; I'd put them and dg about the same level.

By: @above
by: GuestJul 22, 2017 10:31:02 AM

KD is better than DG at this point.

By: Guest
#5  by: Activ   

If you need prestige to be happy with yourself, you will drop if you don't get a bid from one of the 8 or so. If you want good friends/sisters and to have a great Greek experience you will be open to all of the chapters. This is UT. It's all good.

By: Activ
#6  by: Who's top?    

Tradition

By: Who's top?
#7  by: Top   

Just remember that there isn't and never was a top 8. Several of the sororities right below the big 6 are so obsessed that they leave horrible and disgusting posts on here to try to "knock off" several in the big 6. It's sad. Steer clear of those - they are maniacs. They will try anything. I'm talking about AXO and probably APHI. Go for the ones a little lower if you need to - they are laid back and don't care. They have a life.

By: Top
by: LolJul 17, 2017 9:48:18 PM

Lighten up

By: Lol
by: @topJul 17, 2017 10:08:14 PM

Omg girl! Take it easy.

There there now. Big 6 is still a thing (does that make you feel better now?! haha) but the next 2 are right on your ass. AXO/APHI mix and formal with all the best frats, take hot girls, swaps with and splits froomies during rush with DDD/ChiO especially and APhi in particular hangs with a ton of PiPhis. But that's OK...that doesn't take anything away from you....OKsey?! You're still GOOD. You're still big 6, OK?!

Sssssheeet

By: @top
by: west campusJul 18, 2017 11:28:07 PM

^^^ love it!

By: west campus
by: SusanJul 19, 2017 11:16:01 AM

Well, if that's the case, then DG should be ranked #7.

By: Susan
by: OMGJul 19, 2017 11:19:07 AM

Relax "Top". Feeling a little insecure?

By: OMG
#8  by: To #7 post   

Looks like you've never heard of self-absorbed narcissistic personality disorder. No one cares about you and your opinion. Oh wait, # 7, you are UNIQUE.... just like everyone else. BAM

By: To #7 post
#9  by: @help   

Yes, go in with an open mind.

By: @help
#10  by: Enough   

DG is better than aPhi

By: Enough
by: lolJul 24, 2017 1:46:30 PM

give it a rest DG. APhi and AXO still rank higher than you.

By: lol
by: YesJul 24, 2017 2:26:56 PM

Agreed! Alpha Phi has always struggled in the South, esp in Texas. A Phi has tried to improve their image at UT by being pickier about looks, and trying to grab wealthy girls who didn't make it into Big 6. DGs at UT are classier, have better grades and are confident in who they are. Lots of cute DGs, too, but they are not totally focused on looks. You don't have to be a pageant girl or model to get in, thank god! A great all-around sorority, quality girls.

By: Yes
by: Thank youJul 24, 2017 6:19:13 PM

This has been a PSA from Delta Gamma International.

By: Thank you
by: DGJul 24, 2017 11:13:26 PM

"....you don't have to be a pageant girl or model to get in"...that pretty much sums it up for DG.

Aphi and Axo are way hotter than DG but nice try making 'less attractive' seem good.

By: DG
by: heeheeJul 24, 2017 11:47:14 PM

Yo, DG girl:

Since APhi is "pickier about looks, and trying to grab wealthy girls who didn't make it into Big 6", that's why they're mixing with top frats and DG isn't.

Just sayin'.

By: heehee
by: ^^^^^Jul 26, 2017 10:54:04 AM

SAVAGE ha!

By: ^^^^^
by: ^^^Jul 26, 2017 12:42:34 PM

?? DG mixes with the lower frats primarily. even the ones without houses

By: ^^^
by: DGJul 26, 2017 9:57:38 PM

does stuff with Wranglers, Tejas, etc. Mixes with ATO, Pike, etc. Def not top tier groups.

By: DG

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.