facebook

is theta good here?

by: Transfer

HI I currently a member of Kappa Alpha Theta at another school and am considering transferring. Is Theta good or is not even worth it. I don't want to go from being in a top house to a bottom.

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Get real   

Theta is a top three chapter. In my opinion they are a little less snobby than Pi Phi or Kaaba as well.
They might not affiliate you.

By: Get real
by: TransferMay 1, 2017 1:18:11 AM

Is that a thing where they won't affiliate with me if I transfer?

By: Transfer
#2  by: Um   

Where are u coming from?

By: Um
#3  by: iceice   

They're hot, except for that girl with the lazy eye (... might be glass?)

By: iceice
#4  by: pkt   

most transfers drop because UT Theta is one of the top in the nation and are often much different than other top theta chapters

By: pkt
#5  by: transfer   

I am coming from the University of Washington

By: transfer
#6  by: Go Greek   

Honestly, it's going to depend on how well you click with the girls in the chapter here. They do not have to affiliate you and can vote not to.

Theta, along with Pi Phi and Kappa, have been the top 3 houses at UT forever (like, 50+ years). They are all extremely competitive to get into and mostly populated with girls from Dallas Highland Park, Houston Memorial, elite Dallas and Houston private schools, and girls from a select few other wealthy enclaves. Also girls who went to summer camp at a select few Texas Hill Country camps. OOS members are rare and tend to be either mega legacies or attended Texas camps.

By: Go Greek
by: inaccurate^Jun 7, 2017 5:46:25 PM

This is untrue. There is no voting for theta as long as you are in good standing with the chapter you are transferring from along with the correct gpa average for the chapter you are transferring to. Don't be afraid to transfer in! If you don't like it, you can always drop!

By: inaccurate^
#7  by: lol   

tbh, theta is arguably the top of PKT right now with being the most girls to pref them first in every house going through rush the last three years in a row and the only one of PKT to not have to snap bid these last three years

so yeah theta is good here

By: lol
#8  by: wait   

would a top house really not choose to affiliate you? I'm from one of the top kkg chapters in the country (if you google us we get a lot of press or whatever) is that all they care about? how else do they decide

By: wait
by: <>~~~~~~May 28, 2017 12:26:43 PM

Of course they might. That's why they are given the chance to vote instead of automatically affiliating anyone who wants to which is what some sororities do nationally. You get the chance to choose which new members you want during rush because you think they will fit in with your chapter. Just because another chapter somewhere else thought you'd fit in there doesn't mean you'll fit in somewhere else. Even top chapters of the same sorority vary a lot between schools, so just being part of a top chapter one place doesn't mean you'll fit in other top chapters.

By: <>~~~~~~
#9  by: Dish   

What doesn't change here, never changes here! Not a question worth asking.

By: Dish
#10  by: always   

They only take a few then end up short. You can do this easy!

By: always

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.