facebook

difference in pkt

by: ~~~~

I'm a PNM and it seems on here that everyone agrees PKT is top. Actually wondering though what the difference is between them. Like I know every chapter has a stereotype personality... Unbiased without bashing eachother can someone explain?

Posted By: ~~~~
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Explanation   

try SigEp if you have good hair and teeth

By: Explanation
#2  by: The Painful Truth   

Figure it out for yourself during recruitment. Honestly, if you don't already know about it and have friends in those houses, you're not going to get a bid from them anyway.

By: The Painful Truth
#3  by: Welp   

They're rich, all know each other already amongst different houses, mostly all come from the same areas and if you're gonna be in pkt you already know you're gonna be in it. All the girls are super confident

By: Welp
#4  by: Me   

First, PKT only takes "the best" girls from the following list of high schools. "The best" can refer to familiy reputstion & social standing, high school involvement & popularity, and to an extent - looks.

Austin: Anderson, Austin, Westlake, St Stephens
Dallas: HP, Lake Highlands, ESD, Hockaday, occasionally from other private schools
Fort Worth: FW Country Day, All Saints
Houston: Memorial, Lamar, Episcopal, Kincaid, St John's, St Agnes
San Antonio: Alamo Heights, St Mary's Hall

Girls from other schools in the big cities or "small town girls" (which to PKT still means suburbs of the major cities or actual small towns) either have camp connections or are legacies.

Second, around 1/3 of PKT's pledge classes are legacies so your grandma/ mom/ sister's affiliation plays a major role in which house gives you a bid (and which will cut you because of your legacy).

By: Me
#5  by: Me   

Third, from this very small pool of 150ish PNMs each year, they separate into Pi Phi, Theta, and Kappa. These are my observations based on girls I know:

Theta pledges about 2X as many Houston girls as Dallas girls. Thetas tend to be more athletic and the house has a lot of successful intramural teams. Also more cheerleaders than dancers. Camp Longhorn. Probably the most chill/ laid back of the three.

Pi Phis were the mean girls in high school, I hate to say it. I think they are also the prettiest of the three - "Pi Thigh" is in the past. Camp Waldemar & Camp Mystic, some Camp Longhorn. Even among these three, money-money-money.

Kappa is the Dallas house, and by Dallas I mean HP. Tend to pick the girls who are popular but also the nicer ones. Debutantes. Polished. Lots of dancers- most of the HP drill team girls go Kappa and always have. Used to be more of the Bible-beater girls but less so the last two years. Camp Ozark & Camp Mystic.

By: Me
by: I knowJul 5, 2016 3:44:26 PM

Girls in all three chapters who are awesome and who are ....not. I actually think the Pi Phis I know are nicer than the Kappas I know though so I would disagree with pi Phis being the mean girls. Around 300 girls in each chapter going to be all kinds! Most are definitely rich and connected though. I also think Waldemar girls in Kappa too.

By: I know
by: lolJul 6, 2016 11:55:04 PM

oh my god you must have so much time on your hands

By: lol
#6  by: actually   

a bunch of aphis and dgs are from Houston Memorial, St Agnes, St Johns and Lamar, also a smattering from Dallas HP. PKT does not get all of the girls they used to, but the Camp Waldemar/Mystic connection is still true....a little bit less connected on the high schools you mentioned than in the past. And looks have nothing to do with PKT. at. all: it's connections, camp, high school. And "family reputation" has no bearing on PKT;

By: actually
by: XXXJul 5, 2016 11:32:26 PM

PKT does get everyone they want. No one is going DG or APhi by choice.

By: XXX
by: DuhJul 6, 2016 9:30:29 AM

The only people from those schools that don't go PKT are not wanted by PKT bc they are weird or had a bad rep in highschool. No one goes DG by choice

By: Duh
#7  by: @xxx   

I know several gorgeous girls who live in (Houston) West U and went to St Agnes and Memorial that had invites back to pkt and dropped them due to the pkt outrageous snob attitude (their descriptions). These girls when aphi and dg by choice.

By: @xxx
by: LOLJul 7, 2016 12:58:36 AM

That's what the girls who get dropped always say. That they dropped pkt. We all know it isn't true. NO ONE goes DG or APhi by choice. They don't have other options.

By: LOL
by: GuestJul 8, 2016 7:40:13 PM

you have no idea what happened. you only based it on what your "friend" told you. there are hundreds of "friends" who tell the exact same lie every year and try to justify that they ended up in a bottom house. they aren't telling the truth.

By: Guest
by: @xxxJul 8, 2016 10:27:00 PM

omg! give it a rest! your dream of pkt superiority is seriously threatened by the knowledge that girls who reject pkt actually EXIST. hahaha

it's ok. your world isn't over. most will still go into UT rush wanting pkt. most will be dropped by pkt, but we both know pkt gets dropped by some first. it hurts, I know.

By: @xxx
by: LOLJul 9, 2016 12:20:12 PM

Seriously DG and Aphi, no one goes into recruitment wanting you. You are the houses that people settle for when they don't have any other options left except KD and AZD.

by: @LOLJul 9, 2016 6:49:12 PM

seriously, most girls go in wanting PKT but see prettier, nicer girls in AXO/APHI.

By: @LOL
by: LOLJul 9, 2016 11:17:18 PM

Only after they've been dropped by the Big Six. Things always look so much better when you're desperate!

by: @lolJul 10, 2016 11:52:25 AM

you can't admit that there are girls turned off by snobbery. We are here. We live in Hardin, we went to Highland Park, Memorial and the others and we preffed other houses. get over it.

By: @lol
#8  by: @^^^^   

I AGREE

By: @^^^^
#9  by: Haha   

Maybe I had low self esteem but I used to read this site before I rushed and based on what all these people said I thought I had no chance at a big 6 house. For any PNMs reading this post and becoming horribly anxious- don't believe any of the crap on here!!! I had very few connections, came from a small/no name high school, and not a hugely wealthy family and I pledged a "top" house. Forget the stereotypes- go with your gut, everything will work out!

By: Haha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.