facebook

gamma phi beta (new sorority)

by: maize

how exactly is it going to work

Posted By: maize
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Iffy   

Honestly it could go either way, it could be like ZTA and build itself up in 4-5 years or could be small like aephi, it just depends how rush goes this year, how many girls they will be able to recruit

By: Iffy
by: ?Jun 19, 2014 9:44:51 AM

Did ZTA build itself into a respectable mid tier that quickly? How long ago was it founded?

By: ?
by: ZTAJun 19, 2014 5:38:16 PM

ZTA was recolonized in Fall 2009. They took over 100 girls through an "extension" recruitment process (similar to COB), and had a PC made up of all class years. After that they recruited normally through formal recruitment starting in Fall 2010. The chapter rose pretty quickly, but I think that's mostly by chance. Having a strong national organization and a nice house doesn't hurt though.

By: ZTA
by: huhJun 20, 2014 8:42:08 AM

the more you know.

By: huh
#2  by: Idk   

I heard they have sisters from another chapter (Michigan States probably) come in and conduct rush and stuff at first, so I think a big part will be how well they recruit and the example they set in the first group

By: Idk
#3  by: IIKE   

Disclaimer: I don't go here but y'all are caddy as hell so this page is super entertaining.

ANYWAYS this recently happened at my school when adpi was getting reestablished. Internationals will come in as well as a respectable chapter that's not from too far away. I know gamma phi at penn state is a fairly good chapter so maybe it'll be them but who knows. I have also heard that the michigan state and indiana have decent girls as well. How gamma phi does at michigan will be a direct reflection of the chapter from the other school that comes in to rush. When adpi came to my school they completely fizzled because the girls from the other school were nothing like the ones at mine and they were also probably bottom tier at their school as well. Hopefully it works out for gamma phi this year as well as at ohio state! IIKE to all my future sisters!

By: IIKE
#4  by: ah   

Who usually joins brand new sororities

By: ah
by: whojoinsJun 19, 2014 5:42:10 PM

A few different types of people. Upperclassmen who didn't join when they were younger and regret it. Transfer students, since they don't have a great chance during formal recruitment. Freshmen who are legacies to the new organization. Freshmen who drop from formal rush. Freshmen who don't want to go through formal rush. Girls who want the chance to be founding members, or have a leadership role early on. Girls who are looking for something "different" than the chapters that are already on campus.

ZTA prided itself on being the "different" sorority for its first year or two after recolonization. Then they became ADPi/Pi Phi/Deeph clones to fit in with the middle tier.

By: whojoins
by: guessJun 19, 2014 6:09:16 PM

My guess is it will be a combination of upperclassmen who have fomo from not rushing when they first came to Michigan and freshmen who drop formal recruitment because they only were invited to preff at AGD and or AEPhi. This is part of the reason why the girls who founded zeta were kind of weird but now are pretty much middle tier with ADPi/Dphie etc. I have a feeling Gamma Phi will have better recruitment than AEPhi/AGD just because girls will want to join it since it won't have been on campus long enough for it to get a bad rep.

By: guess
#5  by: speculation   

And, that is what it is.

Gamma Phi - get use to the mean comments and good luck at this school. They will all have their claws out.

By: speculation
by: LolJun 19, 2014 8:36:51 PM

That was great! ^^
Look at all those sorority experts commenting and making condescending comments about what is going to happen to this new house. Ahaaa !
You would think they are CNN newscasters. Blah blah. Blah.
The most accurate thing to say would be
Welcome to Greek Life here! Every house has something to offer and
So will Gamma Phi Beta! And encourage ur girls to stay off this site... Loser haters like it here.

By: Lol
#6  by: ?   

Where is their house tho?

by: power move Jun 20, 2014 8:41:51 PM

They're taking deeph's

By: power move
by: ????Jun 20, 2014 9:30:19 PM

So where will deeph live?

By: ????
by: ^Jun 20, 2014 11:42:08 PM

heard they're buying a new one that'll be in a more residential area but much bigger/nicer

By: ^
by: ?Jun 21, 2014 6:07:51 PM

Where's this new house?

by: dude Jun 21, 2014 8:02:27 PM

deeph's house is the original gamma phi house. gphi internationals still own the house. deeph rents it from them. deeph is getting a new house and hopefully gamma phi power cleans that house since all those beasts live there.

By: dude
by: WJun 22, 2014 1:26:27 AM

Eh deeph isn't so bad. At least not this year

By: W
#7  by: ya   

recruitment schedule is up
gammaphibeta.org/umichcolony/recruitmentcalendar

By: ya
#8  by: Gamma Phi   

Is anyone planning on rushing?

By: Gamma Phi
#9  by: 9   

They will be top house after one year

By: 9
#10  by: 9   

They will be top house after one year

By: 9
by: lolJun 25, 2014 9:05:56 PM

They left ~10 years ago because of low numbers. They were similar to the way AGD was looking a couple years ago (bad reputation, bad retention, always under quota) and fell off campus instead of improving.

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.