facebook

enough with the tiers

by: A different perspective

I started to write ranking for sororities, then I got closer to the bottom and I stopped myself... why? Because the letters I was about to write down and label as "bottom tier" belong to two of my roommates. Go back up to the top and you will find the letters of my third roommate whose sorority is "top tier." There are 10 houses (including mine) in between the letters of my first two roommates and the third. All three of my roommates are pretty, intelligent, kind, awesome girls. What makes roommate 3 so much better than roommates 1 and 2? When I sat here and thought about it, I realized how sucked in I've become to the shallow thought process that some members of our Greek Community have. I have girl&guy friends in lower and upper tier sororities/frats. They are all amazing people. Last semester I went on a "middle tier" AW, this fall I went on a "top tier" AW. I had a blast each time and both groups of guys were equally awesome.
We need to stop letting letters define social status. Why do we as a Greek community constantly tear each other down? Why do we build walls around ourselves by putting ourselves and each other into definitive tiers?
PNMs go in with an open mind. Don't believe everything you read on this site. Remember, reputations are constantly changing because chapters are constantly changing. To be frank, it would be stupid to trust anyone else's opinion but your own on a certain chapter. So get off this site, sign up for recruitment and form your own opinions

Posted By: A different perspective
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: finally   

This is perfection!

By: finally
#2  by: yes   

Honestly one of the best things I've read on this site

By: yes
#3  by: Lovee   

Bumping this bc it's all pnms stalking this site need to see

By: Lovee
#4  by: bump   

bump

By: bump
#5  by: honestly   

These rankings are written by people who act like they're still in high school so they can get inside PNMs heads. The decision on which sisterhood fits you best is yours and yours alone to make.

By: honestly
#6  by: Jwny   

Do your homework and go to bed!!!

By: Jwny
by: JwnyFeb 2, 2015 6:59:59 PM

This is your mother, I am not paying 30,000 a semester so you can chat on Greekrank.com!!

By: Jwny
#7  by: perfection    

this needs to be bumped

By: perfection

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.