facebook

pha open extension

by: Interested

Did the PHA vote to open extension for a new sorority for 2015? I heard from some Greeks that they did. Can anyone confirm?

Posted By: Interested
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Geek Lady   

Yes they did. From what I heard, extension packages and selections will begin this fall and presentations will begin in Spring 2015. Hopefully the new sorority that is chosen will begin colonization in the Fall 2015 or sooner.

By: Geek Lady
#2  by: 2nd   

yes it's in the panhellenic minutes that the vote for extension passed.

By: 2nd
#3  by: Can't Wait   

I hope that both Chi Omega or Phi Mu submit packages. Either one will be great at UMD.

By: Can't Wait
by: NPCJul 6, 2014 4:31:28 PM

I am sure both sororities will submit expansion packages since they do have nearby chapters that can help with the colonization. Let's see what happens.

By: NPC
by: PCJul 11, 2014 5:21:00 PM

Yes, both sororities have very active Alumnae Clubs between Baltimore and Washington D.C. that could get involve in the colonization. They are both good sororities.

By: PC
#4  by: Sh   

KKG really wants to be at UMD. Prob a good candidate to replace the fallen Tri Delt

By: Sh
#5  by: The Truth   

Did Tri Delta close? Or is their IHQ going to shut them down? I think either KKG, Phi Mu or Chi Omega will do well at UMD. All three are very strong national soroities with excellent track recods of colonizations.

By: The Truth
#6  by: Greek Girl   

Ok, so it's official the PHA has announced the 3 NPC Orgs. that will be presenting at UMD this semester.....

Phi Mu.......11/4
Kappa Kappa Gamma....11/5
Gamma Phi Beta........11/6

Good Luck to all 3 Orgs.!!!

By: Greek Girl
#7  by: Sam   

Does KKG still own property at Md.?

By: Sam
by: HiSep 15, 2014 10:55:36 PM

To reply to that, no kappa no longer has property here. People are saying that if they come back they would kick theta out of their house. But while it's true, theta used to rent the house from kappa right after kappa got kicked off campus, in 2003 theta nationals bought the house from kappa kappa gamma nationals and now kappa alpha theta headquarters owns the house

By: Hi
by: HiSep 15, 2014 10:56:05 PM

To reply to that, no kappa no longer has property here. People are saying that if they come back they would kick theta out of their house. But while it's true, theta used to rent the house from kappa right after kappa got kicked off campus, in 2003 theta nationals bought the house from kappa kappa gamma nationals and now kappa alpha theta headquarters owns the house

By: Hi
#8  by: G   

Since presentations are this fall instead of next spring is it likely they will colonize in the spring? or would they still wait till fall15?

By: G
by: reNov 4, 2014 10:17:42 PM

Fall 2015

By: re
#9  by: terp   

Gamma Phi Beta for now (they have to accept if they want it).

By: terp
by: yooNov 14, 2014 11:31:47 AM

So they were the ones chosen?

By: yoo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.