facebook

parties vs studying

by: curious

I'm thinking about rushing but Tech is a party school I've heard. I was wondering if partying outweighs academics, like if I join a sorority am I going to spend more time partying than studying? I want to have fun but I also want to get decent grades.

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Parties   

Nobody is forcing you to go to parties every night. You can stay home and study if you'd like

By: Parties
#2  by: balance   

Well first of all welcome to texas tech. You will love this school for the education and atmosphere. However that being said every university out there has the potential to be a party school. It will always be up to you how you balance your life. You will have to say no to some events in order to make your grades. So remember enjoy your college experience and make good grades by using good time management tools and you will love the 4 years

By: balance
#3  by: well   

Balance and moderation all depends on you. I am a straight-A student, and rushed as a sophomore, wondering if it would bring down my grades. Grades come down to you and your work ethic, not being in a sorority. I got another 4.0 this year.

By: well
#4  by: raiderdater   

All schools are party schools. Period. Anyone that tells you differently is a liar. You are probably hearing this from Aggies. No. It's up to you to handle your school life. You have to find the balance with school, sorority and social life. Sometimes that means skipping a party.

By: raiderdater
#5  by: Name   

I rushed fall semester of my freshman year and went out every weekend, joined a couple student organizations, attended every football game and every sorority event (including chapter every week) and still managed to attend every class and maintain a 4.0 gpa. A lot of my sorority sisters did all of this too! If you just know where your priorities lie and don't skip that 8 am class because you were out all night partying at your first mixer, it's not impossible!

I really do hope you decide to rush, it is an incredible experience that you will not regret!

By: Name

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.