facebook

adpi

by: asdfhjk;;

I'm so tired of seeing what looks like hateful comments based on "sayings" about ADPi. It makes choosing a sorority hard. What are honest opinions about them?

Posted By: asdfhjk;;
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: I    

think the only reason they get the rep is because they're usually last in grades along with DG. They have some chubby girls but not any more than the rest of the middle and bottom tier sororities. The ones I know are really nice and love being ADPi's

By: I
#2  by: Knowledge   

They are actually really great girls and after the first year no one really pays attention to it. Many girls in there had others on bid night, higher "ranked" sororities but chose ADPI because they felt most comfortable there.

You have to realize that big time, competitive rush at Tech is relatively new. In the past quotas were low, many houses left for lack of interest, and the big 3 Zeta, Pi Phi and Kappa took all the quality girls that came through. All the other houses fought over a small pool of PNM's and if you even wanted to come close to campus total you had to deal with what was "left over."

Once UT and now A&M have tightened up their entrance requirements to top 7% that has left Tech a destination for those kids looking for a big college experience, especially girls from outside the Dallas metro area. This has made for a larger pool of quality PNM's but also an environment where tent talk and rep have been harder to overcome.

ADPI has made huge strides over the last couple of seasons, there isn't much difference between them, DG and KD in regards to looks, quality and involvement. When looking at them one has to remember they are at campus total, and with failing to meet quota that tells you they have a large number of girls that stay active for their full time at Tech, thus they must enjoy their sisterhood. Also, they have a strong alumni base, again going to the point they enjoyed their time there.

By: Knowledge
by: KnowledgeOct 22, 2014 9:15:04 PM

Also, many sororities have left yet they are still here, and relatively strong despite all the tent talk and negative vibe directed towards them. If you talk to their pledges, or whatever they call them, they almost always say, "ADPI wasn't my first choice but I love being here now." In fact they are strong enough the feeling is there is room to allow colonization, something that probably wouldn't happen if there was a big struggling sorority with the national and local alumni clout of an ADPI.

So always go in with a true open mind, don't listen to gossip and remember that being Greek is always better not.

By: Knowledge
#3  by: nationals   

ADPi, DG and KD all have the same issues here. They're all some of the strongest, largest groups nationally so girls will always join them for that reason. They have never been a "top group" at Tech but having a strong national reputation keeps bringing in strong girls...look at our HC Queen.

By: nationals
#4  by: ADPi   

Honestly the only great ADPi chapter in Texas would happen to be at Texas State. They're a golden lion chapter and here Tech is not so if you wanna go ADPi go to Texas state otherwise keep your interest open

By: ADPi
#5  by: Honestly   

Very sweet girls, but not a popular house during rush.

By: Honestly
#6  by: Honestly   

Very sweet girls, but not a popular house during rush.

By: Honestly
#7  by: Struggle   

The truth is they struggle during fall recruitment. Tech, though a big campus, is still very regional in its intake, all the girls are from close to Lubbock or the Dallas Metroplex so a lot of these girls going through all know each other or someone and ADPI has gotten a low rep.

I think things will change as Tech becomes a destination spot for more of the state, girls from Houston and San Antonio, you'll def. start seeing some changes in not only quality but quantity of girls and if the last 2 classes of ADPI are any example I think they will be just fine. They are already sweet girls who really enjoy their sorority, are nice and friendly and committed to their philanthropy and campus...time will tell.

By: Struggle
#8  by: ADPi   

isn't the most popular here but like DG and KD is very big nationally. Girls will always join just for that reason.

By: ADPi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.