facebook

are texas tech fraternities on a downfall?

by: Concerned Greek

I am a Greek at TTU and I am very concerned about the current situation with the Fraternities on campus. Are we all heading in a direction of a downfall? I mean within the last few weeks, the IFC lost FIJI, Alpha Sigma Phi (Colony) and now Phi Delts, not to mention in 2012-13 we lost Sigma Chi. What is going on???? This does not look good for the whole fraternity system here at TTU. Any Thoughts?

Posted By: Concerned Greek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Real Men Stand UP   

How about the remaining fraternities make a public stand against this behavior? And how about the sororities stop mixing with them until they do? TTU's new task force is gunning for the whole Greek system.

By: Real Men Stand UP
#2  by: Hey Man   

The above comment speaks the truth. This time for these problem fraternities to leave, so they stop ruining our Greek Community.

By: Hey Man
by: .Sep 30, 2014 11:34:54 PM

shut up lambda chi

By: .
#3  by: Seriously?    

Greek life is supposed to be fun yes-but it exists primarily to provide a social umbrella that is supposed to provide networking and philanthropic services; not for hazing and literally killing pledges. When people start dying; as in plural I believe there have been 3 deaths just this semester alone there needs to be some oversight and regulation. It's just bad decision making and bad people trying to show off or be all superior and crap. Know your limits and know your chapter goals and ideals. We're all in the same system and we're all mortal-D.B.A.A.

By: Seriously?
by: TomSep 29, 2014 8:04:34 PM

You're right. Why should the there be any personal responsibility when you can just blame the fraternities? And don't give me that peer pressure crap. You're in college. You're an adult. Nobody is strapping you down and forcibly pouring alcohol down your throat. If you think you're being hazed, just freakin quit pledgeship.

By: Tom
#4  by: TTU   

Greek system sucks!

By: TTU
#5  by: Well.....   

Mommies don't like their babies to be mistreated. Heard a mom at the beginning of the year. Was so excited that her son was getting a bid to one of those houses mentioned. Tried to make us all believe what a Christian fraternity he was joining. Bet she was one of those mommies!!! Go away mom and let baby boy grow up.

By: Well.....
#6  by: wow   

You are so out of touch with reality, dude.

Keep on trying to live in the past at your own fraternities peril.

It must a good feeling knowing you are willing to be the one who takes down your own brothers and years of good times & good work.

You will not make it for a minute in the real world. Don't kid yourself.

By: wow
by: This guyOct 1, 2014 7:20:55 PM

You're just mad you didn't get a bid from Fiji or Phi Delt.

By: This guy
#7  by: NO   

Who's jealous of fraternities that screw up. You are the screw up. SAD for the guys who did want to pledge. They are the ones who got screwed not the rest of us.

By: NO

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.