facebook

fall rush

by: una

Coming to UNA in the fall and I am wanting to rush. What should I expect and which sororities are the best?

Posted By: una
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: FRAT   

If you're not attractive see ya in ADPi, but if you're cute then maybe Zeta. Phi Mu has the hottest girls on campus. Everyone else will say Alpha Gam, but unless you're full of yourself, good luck.

By: FRAT
by: Turtlekat23Feb 28, 2014 9:11:08 AM

Wow, sounds like someone got dumped by a squirrel.

By: Turtlekat23
by: Adpi guyMay 4, 2014 4:28:58 AM

I find the Adpis pretty good looking maybe not all of them but there are quite a few they are also the most genuine in my opinion

By: Adpi guy
by: IFCguyAug 2, 2014 1:13:46 AM

I find the new adpi girls to be attractive too. All the sororities now have girls that they are proud to show off and some that they aren't so proud of.

By: IFCguy
#2  by: Turtlekat23   

Each sorority is different. ADPi has been making a good come back over the last few years, despite the previous posts assessment. To be transparent, I am an Alpha Gam alum and my in-laws lived in Florence until recently so we would go back for things and I've stayed in touch. I was also a recruitment counselor so that may give me a slightly different perspective. Each sorority has it's own category/stereotype but it changes. Because of the crazy way we do Rush, Greek guys become a great asset to finding out about the sororities. If you have a group of guys you already know, ask them about their honest opinion for you. The juniors are the best because they've been around but aren't over Greek life yet. If you don't have a group of guys yet, spend some time on campus and try to go to some of the guys' summer rush parties. You'll meet and of the Greek girls and see what they are like outside of Recruitment. At the end of the day , just relax and be yourself. It's stressful but fun and finding the best fit for you is more important than who wins all the awards. Alpha Gam is the best though. ;)

By: Turtlekat23
by: UNAFeb 28, 2014 10:07:02 PM

Thanks! That helped, I am excited to attend UNA in the fall :)

By: UNA
by: Seriously?Jul 9, 2014 6:35:02 PM

You would suggest that a PNM ask frat stars their opinion of each sorority? What ever happened to girls meeting the sorority members during rush and forming their own opinions?

By: Seriously?
#3  by: CurrentGreek   

Coming from a current Greek's prospective don't knock it until you try it. Come into recruitment with an open mind and go where you are the most comfortable. I know far too many girls who went to a sorority they didn't fit in with just because they wanted the stigma of being there and now regret their decision because they were never accepted. Remember a sorority is about sisterhood! Good luck this coming fall!

By: CurrentGreek
#4  by: cindybeau   

can a transfer student rush,

By: cindybeau
#5  by: greek   

Yes a transfer student can rush! Just remember you will find your home, don't listen to what everyone says. You need to go in there and find out for yourself which one fits you best and also which girls you get along with the best. Just remember we are just as nervous as you are! Good luck!

By: greek
#6  by: IFCguy   

In my honest opinion each house is a great house to be in. There will be people that tell you this and that about each organization, a lot of which are biased opinions. I say if you really want to enjoy your experience then don't listen to what others say that goes for fraternities and sororities alike. ADPI is definitely turning heads recently and has one of the best sisterhoods in my opinion.I look for them to be a definite contender for top house now. Alpha Gam's are really friendly and are well respected on campus for some time now but some girls choose Alpha Gam for the wrong reasons and end up not liking it as much as they hoped but generally i would have to say that they are great girls. Phi Mu and alpha gam are almost the same which is also why they are HUGE rivals. The way I see it though, a lot of phi mu's are just in it for the stigma not for sisterhood. Zeta is also a fantastic organization with very respectable girls. The Zetas have kinda been on the decline for the past two or so years though and are kinda a rebuilding house. Honestly, from a fraternity mans point of view they are all good houses and are all very close to each other when it comes to top house. A lot of the time it just depends on the year they have some times some organizations rise and sometimes they fall but overall no fraternity man I know would turn away a female. lol ;)

By: IFCguy
#7  by: gammachi   

I wouldn't worry about what has been mentioned before. Every PNM that comes through has a different opinion about each chapter. Remember that chapters are made up of upwards of 90 girls and there are always some bad apples in the bunch. Don't let one girl ruin your image of that chapter. All 4 chapters here at UNA have phenomenal national or international chapters and anyone of them would love to have a great new member. Form your own opinion during welcome week and recruitment.

By: gammachi
#8  by: LouLou   

Do yourself a favor... don't go to UNA. Go to a real school.

By: LouLou
by: LionRoseAlumnaAug 19, 2014 12:34:09 AM

UNA is every bit as real a school as any other in the country. Great Greek Life, excellent selection of academic programs, plenty of opportunities to get involved, decent athletic programs. Just because there aren't 20,000 students on campus doesn't make it any less of a school.

OP, just go into recruitment with an open mind and you should be fine. Each group has great girls and lots to offer. And if, for some reason, NPC recruitment shouldn't work out for you, there ARE plenty of other ways to get involved.

By: LionRoseAlumna

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.