facebook

transfer rush

by: maybe

I may be transferring here in the spring and I would be interested in joining Greek Life...however I am a sophomore. I am nervous that I wouldn't even have a shot because of my class year and the fact that I really wouldn't know anyone in the chapters that could vouch for me. Would going through recruitment even be worth it?

Posted By: maybe
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: jaleo   

If you are interested it's worth a try. You'll have to be incredibly proactive and probably have a little bit of luck, too. Transfers are so rare at W&L that this is uncharted territory for many.

By: jaleo
#2  by: blue   

Getting recs from sorority alumnae (they don't have to be W&L grads) for each house will help a little. If it is more important to you to be Greek than to be in a particular house, you will also improve your chances. Some of the chapters don't do many fall rush dates, so you're on more even ground with those houses than with the houses that already have a pretty good idea of who they want. And you won't have been on campus in the fall to have been "that girl" who has a bad rep. Hopefully you are poised, well-groomed, & have a great GPA so you make a good first impression. But @jaleo is right, there are seldom transfers, so who knows.

By: blue
by: james emanuelsonSep 10, 2014 3:38:56 PM

yeah

By: james emanuelson

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.