facebook

dropped by every house

by: Junior

How often do juniors not get a bid? I thought I heard about 80 juniors rush each year, and I have a feeling not all of them get a house. Is this just because of their age?

Posted By: Junior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ^   

Some will drop out of the rush process on their own. I know it has to happen once in a while but I think it's very uncommon. Age is a factor, but if you really click with the girls in the house, it won't matter as much. For example, if you're a junior and they like you a lot, you'll likely get a bid over a freshman that they feel meh about.

By: ^
#2  by: depends   

There is a quota. Last year the top houses took 3-4 juniors I believe

By: depends
#3  by: Go for it   

People are so unnecessarily negative about juniors rushing for some reason. Don't listen to them. Last year, a higher percentage of juniors that rushed ended up pledging than sophomores and freshmen that rushed (the ones who didn't pledge either removed themselves from rush [more common] or didn't get a bid). This year fewer juniors will be rushing because a huge amount of sophomores who would have chosen to rush junior year joined Alpha Gamma Delta instead.

By: Go for it
#4  by: facts   

Juniors and seniors are judged in a different category than sophomores and freshmen to protect against discrimination. In addition, houses can invited back more juniors/seniors because they are not counted in the "cap." Some houses may use GPA to get rid of older girls (high school gpa vs. college gpa are very different, but for the most part I would say you have a better shot as a junior than as a sophomore.

By: facts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.