facebook

gpa requirement

by: anon

Just wondering cause I want to rush for the coming fall semester. My average for first year is 62%. I really want to join a sorority for my second year and was wondering what exactly was the GPA requirement and if I have a chance of receiving a bid.
Thanks!

Posted By: anon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hi   

You won't have a chance at mine :( but I think that'd be okay for other sororities like APhi.

By: Hi
#2  by: aaa   

some sororities minimum is 60%, some dont even have one...just try recruitment and see what happens..but be prepared, because some definitely have minimum averages higher than that

By: aaa
#3  by: yo   

^which ones??

By: yo
by: hmmJun 29, 2015 4:01:41 PM

Not entirely sure but I think theta, agd, and aopi have gpa requirements higher than 65%

By: hmm
by: Incorrect Jul 3, 2015 3:45:20 PM

Most of them are suggestive. You should still just go and see what's up with each sorority. if they like you, they'll find a way

By: Incorrect
by: correctJul 3, 2015 6:02:50 PM

Sororities that have minimum requirements set by their internationals can't "find a way" even if they like you.

By: correct
by: YoJul 3, 2015 6:40:44 PM

Unless youre like top 5/10 in scores with extenuating circumstances then maybe they can do something for you

By: Yo
#4  by: !   

My sorority might be more strict than others, idk. I do know though that even if everyone loved a PNM and gave her high scores, she would not be invited back in my sorority if she did not meet our min gpa requirement. It happens a lot.

By: !
by: lolJul 5, 2015 2:16:57 AM

Nice job letting pnms know they're scored

By: lol
#5  by: Depends   

You most likely won't have a chance with dg adpi gphi or kappa :/ but maybe theta/agd! And you definitely would have a chance with aopi and aphi. Don't worry, all sorotities are great in their own way :)

By: Depends
by: umJul 14, 2015 9:42:08 PM

theta, agd and aopi have high average requirements

By: um
#6  by: So...   

So.....they all have high requirements??? How high? :/

By: So...
by: .Jul 15, 2015 1:30:59 AM

im not completely sure but I think a lot are 65% or so and dg adpi gphi agd and kappas are higher than 65 but im not completely sure

By: .
#7  by: .   

But it seems like aphi has no requirement

#8  by: MamaBear   

I would definitely recommend going through because even if your GPA prevents you from getting a bid, you will still get the opportunity to experience every chapter, and they'll have the chance to get to know you. If they absolutely love you, but can't bid you because of your grades, they will stay in touch after recruitment to see if you can join in the spring when you've had the chance to raise your GPA. Not every chapter participates in spring recruitment though, because it all depends on how many members graduated in December or left for exchange. Plus, some sororities privately pledge in the spring because the only have one or two spaces and they already have an idea of who'd they like to extend an invitation to (hence, why you should get to know them in the fall).

By: MamaBear
#9  by: .   

do sororities look at the GPA for the previous semester or the entire year

#10  by: pnm   

My GPA is a 70 from last year but I'm taking two summer courses online that I'm doing really badly in b/c I'm balancing them with a full time job, (I'm not failing them though) so my GPA will probably go down by the fall...will that have a serious negative effect?

By: pnm
by: JjAug 5, 2015 10:03:53 PM

Realistically, if your grades from these two summer classes do in fact bring your overall GPA (ALL uni classes) down below a 65%, then your chances will be a bit lower at receiving a bid. Despite what some people believe, sororities do care about academics and grades, so if they see your average is below the minimum entry requirement of 65%, they may consider that greek life may be too much of a time commitment taken away from your studies. Still go through recruitment though, cause you never know!

By: Jj

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.