facebook

second year rush

by: ?

How competitive is it to rush for sororities in second year? Any idea on how many girls fight for how many spots? I'm not aiming for top tier but I don't know people in sororities so I'm not at an advantage

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Boop   

It's not a competition. Girls from second, third, and fourth year will go through recruitment! A lot of girls don't know anyone in the sororities when they first join. You have to have pretty bad social skills to not get a bid, since recruitment is basically just having meaningful conversations.

By: Boop
by: LolMar 1, 2015 3:11:23 PM

Thats not true, lots of people dont get bids, even if the pnm considered themselves to have really meaningful conversations. Yes its a mutual selection, but tbh the sororities have more sway in deciding than you do. If they dont want you, even if you rank them 1, you wont get invited back.

By: Lol
#2  by: ?   

Do sororities decide on how many upper year girls they plan on bidding on beforehan?? or does the number of bids depend on how many girls each sorority liked?

By: ?
by: NoFeb 24, 2015 1:55:44 PM

We don't have a set number. We do take into account though how many girls are going to be graduating that year already because we don't want to lose half our chapter in one year. But no tons of second years go through recruitment. This year I found in the room I talked to as many upper years as I did first years

By: No
#3  by: asdasfgggg   

it's like the hunger games, you wont survive

By: asdasfgggg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.