facebook

fraterntiy

by: newcomer

Hello everyone,

I just got accepted to ubc and I was thinking of joining a fraternity. I've heard a lot of good things about Beta and Sigma Chi. Do you guys mind telling me the pros and cons of greek life... and if you feel like it, let me know how Beta and Sig are different (which is better?) and if they even are top tier on campus?

Thank you

Posted By: newcomer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: C'mon    

I'm in a different fraternity, but I'd say they're definitely both regarded as top tier. Either way, just go to every house during rush - or at least the ones that throw parties you want to go to or events you think sound fun. I planned on joining another fraternity, then came to UBC and decided I HAD to be in the one I am now. It's about the current actives, or in other words - the brothership, not the name or reputation of the house.

By: C'mon
#2  by: Legit   

I dunno, one's house is further away from the others haha. They're both dope but rush everyone.

By: Legit
#3  by: .   

Both are top tier. Sig has better relations with sororities/ fraternities and are close to more sororities than beta. Beta is close to maybe three and has absolutely no relations with the rest.

By: .
#4  by: Soror girl   

They don't compare with better houses such as Zeta Psi, Psi U and Phi Delt. Go check yourself GDI, this is the real world, stop getting misleading informations on forums and go check for yourself.

By: Soror girl
by: hahaMay 26, 2014 5:16:18 PM

what a ridiculous comment.

By: haha
by: MehMay 29, 2014 12:44:56 PM

I'm in one of the houses, this is clearly a troll.

By: Meh
by: LOLJun 11, 2014 3:12:41 PM

HAHAHHA what a joke

By: LOL
#5  by: lol   

go beta if you wanna join the douchey, studly, good looking group. go sig if you wanna join the classy, well-respected, honorable group. both are really popular and stand out, and pull girls. it really depends how you are as a person

By: lol
by: lmao May 26, 2014 7:25:55 PM

Love the douchebaggery self-posting.

By: lmao
by: HAJun 2, 2014 7:15:03 PM

HA! Join Sig if you're brown is what that should read.

By: HA
by: dJun 11, 2014 3:15:58 PM

Depends what kind of person you are, personal opinion, beta is proabably the closest thing you'd get to the "Americanized Frat" , Sig's try to be friendly to all girls thats what they're know for, almost like a toned down version id say, both good, honestly, rush them both.

By: d
by: Mr. TJun 15, 2014 12:20:35 PM

Are you a white-washed black dude? you'd fit in with sig then

By: Mr. T

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.