facebook

sophomore rush??

by: helppppp meeee

I know it is harder to rush as a sophomore than as a freshman, but I didn't think that Greek Life was for me at the beginning of freshman year, and I didn't really understand Spring Rush. I am currently a freshman planning to rush in the fall, and besides the "keep an open mind" and "you'll end up where you are wanted" types of comments, what are the odds of getting into a decent house?
I don't mean a house like A Phi or Chi O or Kappa, but what are the odds of getting into a house like DG, Tri-delt, DZ, or AXO / what houses are most likely to consider a sophomore??

Posted By: helppppp meeee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

DG tends to be pretty damn selective, even for the incoming freshman.

By: Guest
#2  by: Sorority girl   

Relax, be yourself and it will all work out. I know sophomores who have gotten into most of those houses. You'll do fine. If you try to read too much into where you get cut or place your hopes on just a few, you'll be disappointed. If you accept what happens and realize that you're already doing everything you can do (be social, dress nice, keep your grades up), then you will be happier in the long run in the chapter that bids you. Try not to obsess about it, it will only make you unhappy.

By: Sorority girl
#3  by: loveallsororitys   

Keep a positive outlook. You CAN get into a decent house as a sophomore. If you currently know girls in houses tell them now how interested you are. Remember some of the larger houses always need more girls than Panhel allows them to take in the initial bid process of formal recruitment, too. This means if your favorite does not end up on a final bid it is possible you could be given a snap bid. If not, there is always spring recruitment. Just be honest during recruitment letting the members know you weren't ready to rush as a freshman. Most will be happy to hear you have given it thought and are ready for the commitment!

By: loveallsororitys
#4  by: yas   

I am with you girl. I'll be a sophomore next year and I am rushing. praying I end up in a house that is right for me.

By: yas

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.