facebook

transfer from ball state

by: Transfer

I'm in a sorority at Ball State but I'm transferring to purdue, does anyone know how houses decide whether or not they will accept a transfer?

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: greeeeekgirl   

Houses actually don't share how they select new members. My house's selection process regarding transfers may be completely different from another's, but it's definitely something everyone keeps under the radar. I'm sorry :( I wish I could help, but it's a veryyyyyyyyyyyy important rule (as I'm sure you're aware, since you're already in a house).

Just out of curiosity, what house are you in at Ball State? :)

By: greeeeekgirl
by: BSUApr 23, 2014 3:18:55 PM

I'm a DZ! Do you know if Purdue sororities accept transfers often? Especially because I'll be a junior...

By: BSU
by: greeeeekgirlApr 23, 2014 3:29:36 PM

DZ, in my opinion from what I've seen of them, is an awesome chapter here! (and I'm honestly not a DZ, so don't think I'm self-promoting)

I personally do not know any girls who have already been in a house and then transferred to Purdue to stay in the same house. I only know girls who have transferred to Purdue as sophomores who were GDIs at their other campuses. They then went through recruitment, which I know you cannot do because you're already in a house.

If I were you, I'd contact the recruitment chair for DZ's chapter here at Purdue. After searching their website, I found her email to be: laurenmitchelldz@gmail.com. If you haven't already, I would suggest shooting her an email letting her know your situation and she should be able to give you her best advice.

I hope I helped, and best of luck! :)

By: greeeeekgirl
#2  by: :)   

They'll probably have a period between the beginning of the year and a couple months in where you're neither in or out of the house. So just make an effort to get to know all of the girls and if you get along well with each other than I can't see there being an issue. There's a lot a different types of girls in DZ so I can guarantee you'll make some great new friends! (also don't be discouraged if you don't get a long with the first couple, because like I said DZ is diverse!)

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.