facebook

sorority rankings

by: Anonymous

What sororities are stepping up, and which sororities are on the decline?

Posted By: Anonymous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: yeah   

Rising: ChiO, Phi Mu, AZD
Falling: ZETA, TriDelt, Kappa

By: yeah
#2  by: Alumna   

My daughter is going to Purdue and is a serious student. She is interested in rush. What houses have sincerely nice girls, studious but with a fun social life. My sorority does not have a good rep, represented as mean girls who haze. I do not want her to pledge there or a house like it, even though it may be top tier.

By: Alumna
by: Let Her LiveApr 3, 2014 3:38:25 PM

Honestly, your daughter is just going to have to go through rush and figure it out on her own. Each house can't collectively be summarized as one thing. Every house has studious girls, party girls, philanthropic girls, etc. She has to go and see houses for herself and vibe with the girls. Trying to research a sorority that you will never actually fully understand will hurt your chances of making sure your daughter gets into the right house that she actually wants.

By: Let Her Live
by: Go GreekApr 27, 2014 9:08:06 PM

At the end of the day, what house your daughter ends up in really isn't her decision until pref parties. Your daughter is going thru recruitment (not the you as the mother!!) and she will be cut by houses she liked and she thought they liked her. Since as a mother and you don't go to Purdue or personally know all the girls in every house it is very judgmental to try and decide for her. Out of curiosity, what house is she a legacy?

By: Go Greek
by: lalaApr 28, 2014 3:12:28 AM

I agree there's different girls with different interests in every house. Sororities are way more broad personality wise, because recruitment isn't as natural as fraternity recruitment. The only house I'd be cautious about with being a serious student is Pi Phi, but if she can stand her ground then any house can work for her. Just tell her not to get caught up in stereotypes and try to read which houses seem genuinely interested in her, and who she thinks she can live with and be herself for the next 4 years.

By: lala
by: AlumnaMay 22, 2014 12:28:49 PM

To Go Greek

I am a Kappa. My daughter probably will not go Greek as she has her intellectual goals set so high. She has wanted to be an equine vet since a fresh. in HS.

by: AlumnaJul 22, 2014 7:51:07 PM

You guys are seriously the worst

#3  by: no   

AXiD is not on the rise. they're still the same

By: no
by: sdfApr 28, 2014 3:08:59 AM

i think azd is doing much better than they used to!

By: sdf
by: werMay 6, 2014 4:55:42 AM

azd does have their fair share of... you know who... but from who i have seen at functions, their babies this years were better than usual and they are recruiting more girls who go out

By: wer
#4  by: upandrising   

Even though they are not well known on Campus because of size, phi beta chi is an upcoming force to be reckoned with. I've heard they are doing formal in 2015 along with Kappa Delta. I can say these are some of the classiest girls on campus who don't get wasted and sloppy at parties. They are so chill and down to earth and have a great sisterhood, prbably due to their small size. They are predicted to be getting bigger pledge classes this year. I can see them getting big even if they don't have a house.

By: upandrising
by: TruthJun 1, 2014 10:32:55 PM

If they don't have a house, they won't go many places.

By: Truth
#5  by: Kappa   

On the decline.

By: Kappa
#6  by: Some    

Some really good houses have been left out

By: Some
#7  by: AGD   

Are they on the rise?

By: AGD
by: hmmJul 24, 2014 10:08:35 AM

Seems that way. They're making the right moves and people consider them above Sigma Kappa now. Still bottom tier, but the top of bottom tier.

AGD
Sigma Kappa
PhiRho
SDT

By: hmm
by: popoSep 5, 2014 11:38:47 PM

Personally I like AGDs more than AXiDs...

By: popo
by: Alpha AlphaSep 16, 2014 9:15:40 AM

Definitely higher than AOPI, even with Alpha Xi

By: Alpha Alpha
by: UhhSep 16, 2014 10:19:13 AM

Not with their newest pledge class they are not. AGD had a really sketchy recruitment this year if you haven't heard already. The girls they got were definitely not top notch. Sigma Kappa got a better pledge class and I'd keep them down there next to GPhi.

SK
AGD
GPhi
SDT
PhiRho

By: Uhh
by: mehSep 16, 2014 1:11:05 PM

I don't think you can accurately rank PhiRho in there yet tho, they haven't finished getting their PC yet. I haven't seen or heard anything about Gphi's PC, but we'll have to wait a few weeks before we can rearrange the lists.

By: meh
by: confusedNov 24, 2014 10:02:47 PM

What made AGD's recruitment sketchy this year?????

By: confused
#8  by: Kappa   

On the decline

By: Kappa
#9  by: roses   

I hope your daughter signed up for recruitment you can be a studious student and enjoy greek life. Ignore the rude people on here. Someone always giving the greeks a bad name.

By: roses
#10  by: Change   

Rising: APhi, AXO, AXiD, AGD
Falling: Kappa, Zeta, Tridelt, SK, GPhiB

By: Change

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.