facebook

out of state rush

by: future freshie

I'm from Alabama and a double KD legacy. How are my chances of getting a bid next year?

Posted By: future freshie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: future freshie   

with a 4.46 GPA and recs

By: future freshie
#2  by: Good luck   

It's really hard to get KD unless you know someone currently in it but it's definitely still possible just don't be set on KD. Go into rush with an open mind and everything will work out the way it should.

By: Good luck
#3  by: nn   

maybe if you're rich/went to prep school/very high SAT

By: nn
by: NopeDec 1, 2014 7:06:46 AM

You won't have a chance unless you are a Morehead.

By: Nope
#4  by: dd   

Legacies don't matter. In fact, it makes it worse for you. TheI'll double up on you in the first two rounds so they'll have enough girls to show nationals that they've met you. They will already have their bid list figured out before rush even starts

By: dd
by: wrongDec 7, 2014 9:19:34 PM

this is so wrong...you obvious have not been through rush/have no idea. kds nationals handle legacies with serious consideration so you will definite have a better chance because you are a legacy

By: wrong
by: hahaDec 11, 2014 1:04:18 PM

"wrong" is so wrong they literally don't care about legacies at all. some houses on campus automatically put legacies at the top of their lists each round but kd is definitely not one of them

By: haha
#5  by: Terrible truth   

I know several girls who were double legacies at KD who were dropped the year I rushed (last year). Some of them had family who were KDs at UNC. I think it's completely terrible that they don't take legacies seriously. My sorority takes legacies really seriously so it's weird to me that they don't. I hate to say it, but your chances are still low (especially since you're OOS). I would advise you to keep an open mind. The girls at UNC are cool & most people end up loving the house they get a bid to, even if they thought differently at first.

By: Terrible truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.