facebook

joining a frat from parkland

by: pcc

Just wondering if you can join a fraternity if you are attending Parkland and if not can you join as a junior if you transfer to U of I.

Posted By: pcc
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yah   

u can join at least some fratss if you go to parkland, idk if all if them bid parkland students

By: yah
#2  by: Yeah   

I know Taus and Delts have a good amount of parkland kids. Pretty sure Sigs and SAE aren't allowed to have kids that don't go to u of I

By: Yeah
by: DeltAug 4, 2015 3:58:48 PM

zero parkland students in delts...

By: Delt
#3  by: ??   

Are you guys serious, some fraternities actually pledge non-students? Or is this an inside joke that I missed.

By: ??
by: cheekJul 30, 2015 7:12:24 PM

there are pathways students. People who go to parkland for 2 years then transfer into u of i to save money

By: cheek
by: ??Jul 31, 2015 10:27:45 AM

@cheek, I appreciate the reply. So are these students accepted into UofI, under a condition that they get good grades at Parkland? Or are these students that are just hoping to possibly get into UofI one day? I guess what I am asking, is "Pathways" a formal program?

Thank you for helping me understand.

by: @??Jul 31, 2015 7:21:53 PM

it's a formal program

By: @??
by: ??Jul 31, 2015 10:13:22 PM

Thanks for the info, guys.

I learned something on Greekrank, who would have guessed.

#4  by: Yup   

Half of the ato 18s go to parkland

By: Yup
#5  by: MO   

You can join a fraternity as long as you're in the Parkland Pathway program. If you are not, the fraternity could receive fines/get in trouble with Fraternity and Sorority Affairs.

To put it into perspective, it would be like a person from a completely separate college joining a fraternity at U of I. But as long as the student is on course to attend U of I, he can join a fraternity. Sororities have no exceptions though.

By: MO

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.