facebook

sororities

by: incoming freshman

Hi, I am going to be rushing in the fall and I was wondering if some houses are bigger than others with more girls? Are there smaller houses with less girls? If so which ones? Is it better to be in a house with less girls or more? Some people told me that the location matters a lot. Is this true? which houses are in good locations? which houses have the reputation for getting along with their sisters? which ones don't? I don't want to end up with a bunch of catty girls. I have also heard nightmares about that too. Please help!

Posted By: incoming freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: @ incoming   

Just go where you feel the most comfortable. I would not rush a house only because you hear it is top. If you feel like you belong in a top house and it feels good for you go for it. Location was very important to me. I put the houses with the best locations on the top of my list from the get go. I was glad that I did because it made things easier those 1st couple of years when you are spending a lot of your time there. Girls in all houses can be Catty if it is top or bottom so just choose with your heart and wisely. You will know.

By: @ incoming
#2  by: sorority Star   

It's all about who you fit in with. My sisters and I always hang out with Sigma Nu and absolutely love it. In fact, we are blocking with them next year (Theta/Sigs Block)!!! Seriously just go from house to house and know that as a minority you are more likely to get in the house of your choice! Have fun with recruitment! The Thetas will be out in full force <3

By: sorority Star
#3  by: Best   

The top three are
Theta DG DDD
They have great locations as well
You will see random posts arguing this but
The top three have been the same firever

By: Best
#4  by: @ Best    

DG is no longer one of the best this girl will find that out when she gets here and rushes. Lets just wait and see what happens shall we?

By: @ Best
by: Spit on Apr 24, 2014 12:31:43 AM

Spot on sister.....DGis now middle (but middle is still good) and enjoy

By: Spit on
#5  by: DG   

If you're not looking for catty, you might want to avoid DG. I don't know a lot of girls from there, but just on this board they seem over involved with not just saying they're a top house, but then running down another house as "proof." That kind of behavior has made me form an unfavorable opinion about them.

By: DG
#6  by: @incoming freshman   

To echo what a lot of others have said, keep an open mind during recruitment and you will end up in the place that is best suited for you.

By: @incoming freshman
#7  by: @ all of you   

Beware, Things are not always as they seem. Step back evaluate and decide who you would like to be living and hanging out with for the next 4 years.

By: @ all of you
#8  by: well   

all houses are pretty much the same size because of quota, but maybe look out for the layout of some of the houses. Some fit less girls so they get closer to eachother live in year?

By: well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.