facebook

cost of sororities

by: $$

I'm a senior in high school and I plan to rush next year. I was wondering how much it is join a sorority?

Posted By: $$
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: sorority girl   

it depends on the house, but semester dues can range anywhere from about $450 to up to $800 (if I remember correctly!). Then, there is usually a mandatory year-long live in requirement, so you'll have to pay a few thousand in housing.

By: sorority girl
by: ?Feb 9, 2017 1:53:36 AM

Only if they require you to live there, most sororities don't force you to

By: ?
#2  by: asdfghj   

probably like around 2 grand for the first year (some over some are less) then around a thousand in dues for every other year, except the year you live in which is usually the cost of a dorm but some can be cheaper or more expensive.

By: asdfghj
#3  by: depends   

It varies for each chapter!

By: depends
by: dollars and senseMar 5, 2017 4:04:18 PM

Yes, it varies and some groups incorporate costs for your badges (pledge and initiate) but others do not list that as a cost. Some groups include one all-inclusive party fee within their listed cost, others will charge separately for each social event. If you are so stressed about cost, get a job this summer and save as much as you can before going thru recruitment. You will be joining a home of WOMEN, not Dead Presidents On Banknotes.

By: dollars and sense
#4  by: $$$   

How much would the most expensive chapter be? I just want to know worst case scenario

By: $$$
by: jjMar 10, 2014 12:30:06 AM

i dont have the finance sheets anymore, but from the houses i went to the day they give them out, i remember theta and tridelt were both over 2100 for the first year, where as a lot of other chapters were around 1600ish. a chi o was by far the cheapest i think

By: jj
by: $$$$Mar 10, 2014 2:42:17 PM

tri delt and theta are the most expensive. 1st semester for trident is $1500 and second semester is $1000. and that's living out of the house

By: $$$$
#5  by: K   

What would you say are the cheapest houses to rush? What would be the best houses to rush, sisterhood wise?

By: K
by: value addedFeb 21, 2017 8:28:26 PM

The value of joining a group of sorority women in sisterhood and fraternal experiences FOR LIFE far covers any financial cost endured.

Please do not go into rush thinking "cheapest house" will equal "they will pick me". Knowing financials is only one determinant in choosing between invitations received during recruitment.

Don't forget to think about what you will bring to a sorority besides money. The women you meet will be looking for new members who live up to their standards and values. Surely you will want to feel comfortable, and not just impressed, in the house you eventually join.

By: value added
by: dollars and senseMar 5, 2017 4:14:24 PM

If you dwell on cost during recruitment convos I guarantee 3/4ths of the houses will not invite you back. It's tacky to talk about money. That's why they include a financial statement form in your formal recruitment package.

The "best sisterhoods" are all the ones that YOU will be invited back to, so don't disappoint the women who want you to make their home yours! Remember it only takes ONE invite to belong.

#6  by: lala   

Best sisterhoods for your money is probs AXO cause it's ~1500 for the entire year (1000 less than theta and DDD)

By: lala
by: dollars and senseMar 5, 2017 3:56:48 PM

Please do not choose your sorority based only on their cost. They are not choosing you based solely on your wallet! The "best sisterhood for your money" as @tata puts it above may take your money and not give you anything of value in return.

#7  by: also   

SDT is one of the more expensive houses as well, and KD might be since they got a new house (maybe not tho)? Majority are around 1500 the first year.

By: also
#8  by: Rushed fall 2016   

AOPi was also majorly expensive for the first year. I believe it was over 2500 total

By: Rushed fall 2016
by: Second thatFeb 21, 2017 11:39:18 PM

It was like $1600 for the first semester. Didn't pref them bc of that

By: Second that
#9  by: LOL   

Your soul

By: LOL
by: yesAug 1, 2017 7:34:28 PM

^^^^ Still the most amusing post here on GR!

By: yes
#10  by: Lol   

How much should I save over the summer for a sorority?? I have hear. The prices have gotten a lot cheaper as the years went by and I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

By: Lol
by: dollars and centsJul 22, 2017 4:54:14 PM

At this point, if you are attending in Fall save every penny you make.

By: dollars and cents

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.