facebook

fraternity comments

by: GR Administrator

University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign General Fraternity Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 17
#1  by: Richard Brailing   

The top houses at Illinois are ATO, Pike, Beta, Delts, Sigma Chi, Sig Eps. The girls' list is not entirely accurate. Those six fraternities are the largest with the most prestige. There are a lot of good chapters at UI.

By: Richard Brailing
by: HmmSep 20, 2017 2:41:11 PM

Agree but Sig Ep is mid-tier and Betas have fallen significantly

By: Hmm
#2  by: confused   

a bit off....sig eps, phi delts, delts, theta chi should all be a little lower. tke's shouldn't even make top 15. ato and sigs should be higher, and missing from this list are betas, pikes, and acacia!

By: confused
by: Genuine RankingsDec 25, 2012 12:53:52 AM

sig eps, phi delts, and delts are definitely one of the top ten houses on campus

By: Genuine Rankings
#3  by: sig eps   

Come on bud...Sig Ep will always be number one...grow up bud...this isnt halloween peter pan

By: sig eps
#4  by: The Chief   

Your listing of top fraternities is about the same as when I went there (late 90's). Is SAE there? they were always pretty good. My blood lil bro went SAE and I went Sip Ep.

By: The Chief
#5  by: uofi student   

the top houses are:
ATO's
Sigs
Beta's
Delts
ACACIA
SIg Eps

some might disagree with the last three

By: uofi student
#6  by: phi sig 09   

Chief,
My older brother was an SAE here. They were booted a couple of years ago, but are rechartering this year. They are historically very strong here.

By: phi sig 09
#7  by: UIUC Student   

ATO
Sigma Chi
Betas
These are the three kings, but that was set up so long ago it doesn't really apply except in tradition, as far as top fraternities most will argue that the Delts supercede the Betas

Delta Tau Delta
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Pikes
ACACIA
Lambda Chi Alpha
Delta Chi
Phi Delta Theta
These are the rest of the top ten frats, since UI has a lot of good chapters, being in a top ten frat means you get very similar social schedules

Other decent frats
Phi Kappa Psi
Theta Xi
TKE (honorable mention)

By: UIUC Student
by: vintageSep 19, 2017 3:42:19 PM

it's awesome hold old this thread is

By: vintage
#8  by: Sorority Opinion   

ATO, Sigma Chi, and Betas are suppose to be the 3 Kings, but ATOs are self absorbed and Betas are having issues I guess you could say...Delts, Pikes, DChi, Sig Eps, Lambda Chi, and Theta Xi are fun. There are so many frats here, and a lot of good ones.

By: Sorority Opinion
#9  by: illinois   

Betas are in a mess right now, losing their social calendar and almost getting kicked off campus, ATO's are 'popular' but most sororities do NOT like them because of their attitude, Sig Chi's are good but they have terrible pledgeship. ACACIA is on their way down having lost their social calendar and also having a terrible house, they got a small pledge class this year. I agree with sorority opinion below, delts, pikes, dchi, sigeps, lambda chi, theta xi are all good houses honestly everyone of these has the same social calendar as the 'kings' so its really just pick where you fit

By: illinois
#10  by: RIPBETA   

Obituaries: Beta Theta Pi

By: RIPBETA

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.