facebook

potential fraternities to rush this fall

by: 2017 freshman

Im going to be a freshman next year and looking to rush a frat. The rankings don't bother me as much and after the umpteenth time of getting on here to try and read these painfully biased reviews, im struggling to try and pick and choose which frats to rush. I want a frat with a really good brotherhood, strong bar pull, and is well liked by frats and sororities equally. Hazing isn't a problem for me and on not scared of too much so long as it's not anything super extreme or horribly grotesque. Im trying to stay away from the frats with "douchey" reps and just wanna find a group of good guys and obviously that's pretty objective but on general what people feel. 3 or 4 suggestions would be perfect! Thanks in advance.

Posted By: 2017 freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorority   

my faves are zbt, phi psi, pi kappa phi, and sig ep.

By: sorority
by: BrooksJun 19, 2017 3:43:40 PM

delts or sigep

but rush around and find out for yourself

By: Brooks
by: hiJun 25, 2017 8:54:04 AM

agree

By: hi
#2  by: Frats   

Acacia, Delts, PhiPsi or Sig Ep for good houses not douchey

By: Frats
by: sororityMay 21, 2017 2:36:47 PM

do not like acacia. try too hard to be top

by: deltsMay 22, 2017 6:16:30 PM

except when u get torn to pieces during hazing

By: delts
by: hiJun 19, 2017 9:17:39 PM

good ones

by: hiJun 22, 2017 11:41:57 PM

good ones

by: uiucJun 29, 2017 1:58:43 PM

agree

By: uiuc
#3  by: sorority #2   

I love DU, Dchi, Pi Kapps, and Beta

By: sorority #2
#4  by: sorority   

delts, ato, sig ep, or fiji

by: hey Jul 8, 2017 1:24:17 AM

agree

By: hey
#5  by: ..   

Sigep doesnt haze at all and has minimal bar pull so I don't see how you can have a great brotherhood that way. Any of the above mentioned are better options besides pi kapps. FIJI, beta, zbt, and phipsi are all great upper-tier houses

By: ..
by: HAHAHA...May 23, 2017 10:35:05 AM

Sig Ep is becoming a Dry House nationally.

By: HAHAHA...
by: BrooksJun 19, 2017 3:51:52 PM

Phi Delt is a dry house nationally - it, along with the proposed sigep change (which likely won't get enough chapter approval to be voted in anyways) is 100% insurance premium/risk management based. Some chapters take this more seriously than others, but I don't think such a national policy really impacts Phi Delt at Illinois - also a house worth checking out

#6  by: Real   

If you want brotherhood, stay away from sig ep. Not saying they don't have brotherhood, but their lack of pledgship along with their rather strong social makes them look like nothing more than a social club. Great houses right now that don't have reputations for being pretentious douchebags (pike, sigs, debts, ATO) are Phi PSI, Beta, Phi Delt, DU, Dchi, among others. But Rush as many houses as you can - that's the key.

By: Real
by: BrooksJun 19, 2017 3:46:11 PM

I can see why it may be perceived that way, but I don't think that's the case with sigep in actuality - rush around and find out for yourself

would avoid dchi and beta based on your douchey criteria, but rush to find out yourself

#7  by: umad   

Go top or go home
But all houses look like sht so it doesn't even matter
Just be a geed than go through all the hazing

By: umad
#8  by: hey   

you'll have fun wherever you rush but if you're in a top house you have a better social life when it comes to sororities just saying

#9  by: hey   

Delts or Phi Psi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.