facebook

dropping sorority

by: A human

If you're already in a house and signed a housing contract but you want to drop. Can you drop and not live in? Do I have to still pay? You want to go through recuirtment again next fall. Is that possible?

Posted By: A human
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :-/   

Once you initiate, you can't ever join a new sorority. I'm sure you can get out of housing through subletting bec my house offers that, but you're best off talking to DHRP or your President, not an anonymous "greek" website. Best of luck though!!

By: :-/
#2  by: :-/   

all npc/phc sororities have nationals & those nationals have lists of initiated members. They run those lists amongst girls names when they look at who is rushing, especially for transfer students or students of a status that isn't freshman

by: doubt thatMar 27, 2017 5:16:11 PM

I doubt that they spend that much time identifying whether a sophomore at Illinois was once a KD at Augustana.

At the same school, might be more difficult, but probably not impossible.

Fraternities, you definitely can. I know a few examples at UofI.

By: doubt that
by: :-/Mar 27, 2017 10:49:27 PM

It's a national NPC rule that you can't be in a sorority once you've been initiated. Every sorority is very clear about this before their girls are initiated. If this isn't the way most schools check then i'm not sure HOW they do it, but I know that they are thorough.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.