facebook

ddd/3d just lost their charter at iu

by: why

My friend had just pledged DDD/3D at IU and they were told a couple of weeks ago that the house was being shut down by the National. Has anyone heard anything about this story? My friend is ok as she got a COB bid from another house but she still isn't absolutely sure what is going on as only limited things can be shared with pledges. Its a mess. Do you think she should take the COB bid and move on or should she wait? Need helpl

Posted By: why
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: nope   

ddd at iu is done. they're not just going to change their minds once they decided to close them down, no petition can help them now.

By: nope
#2  by: why   

@nope. Thanks. My friend took the COB from Kappa as she liked alot of people in the house. The sad thing is that now her pledge class from DDD won't speak to her and is calling her a traitor. They also are giving her grief saying the house she picked is in a lower tier. I don't get any of this as the DDD pledges are nowhere at the moment and even if the parents sue the national and have any success it doesn't seem like it will happen quickly. My friend is devastated but thinks she made the right choice. Its rough.

By: why
by: nopeMar 17, 2017 11:34:18 PM

hi why! I wish your friend the best of luck in Kappa, I know a few sisters of Kappa over there and I think she made the right choice as well. It definitely is a rough situation not only for DDD but also for the panhell community at iu. But she should be in a house that genuinely makes her happy & comfortable. I can promise you that she shouldn't look back, as those girls turned their back on her and called her names and whatever and that's not sisterhood. I wish you both the best and am sending some panhel love from the UIUC community!

By: nope
#3  by: help   

It seems pointless to post in both the IU and UIUC GR sections about your friend's situation. Let your friend be happy where she is and with her new group of friends and stop kicking up a duststorm about 3D. For everyone else interested just go to the IU pages of GR for the full blow-up.

By: help
#4  by: why   

You gotta relax. We are all connected and what happened at IU could very easily happen here. The IU situation is a cautionary tale for us all in many respects. Keep your eye on the bigger picture @help!

By: why

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.