facebook

transfer rushing top houses?

by: curious

I currently attend an Illinois comm college and plan to transfer to uiuc as a junior. I know there's a good amount of transfers at u of I, what are the odds I could successfully rush a house like dg or A chi o? Does the fact that I'll be spending 3 years at the school and know a current a chi o junior make any difference? Honest opinions please!

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hi   

Don't make it a goal to get into a top house. Focus on houses you like. If its a top house cool and if not pick the house you're happiest in. Chi o is not top its a middle maybe upper middle at best. Knowing someone in the house will not get you in because it is usually an all house decision which relies most heavily on the girls who actually rush you. It is harder to rush as a sophomore, even as a transfer, but it can be done.

I know girls who picked top houses just because they were top houses and ended up dropping because it was not the best fit. PLEASE rush with an open mind and do not pick the house just because of rank.

By: hi
by: curiousJan 6, 2017 10:57:36 PM

You're totally right about picking the house that's the best fit, I didn't mean to come off as just picking them bc they're top houses I just actually know or know of people in the houses and they sound like a perfect fit for me! I just know that there are logistics and stuff that go into giving a junior a bid so at southern schools it's practically impossible, I was just curious as to how reluctant houses like those are to give a junior a bid at u of I!

By: curious
by: @curiousJan 7, 2017 11:01:56 AM

did you mean achio or chi o? chi o is top not achio

By: @curious
by: curiousJan 7, 2017 12:15:10 PM

I meant alpha chi omega! I actually didn't now chi o was a top house lol I know a chi o is awesome and the girls have great attitudes because one of my friends is in it and absolutely loves it! My friend in GPhi feels the same way I'm just worried about being written off for being a junior and given literally no chance bc Ik Greek life is a big thing at u of i

by: @@curiousJan 7, 2017 9:58:37 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH CHI O IS NOT TOPPPP

By: @@curious
#2  by: curious   

I also know a girl in DG and one in Alpha Phi but judging by how those girls act I doubt they'd even look at a junior transfer if you know what I mean lol..a bit more on the superficial rude side

#3  by: curious   

Iui

#4  by: ???   

you're a junior. you wont get in most likely bc of that. they want freshman usually because if they stick with it all 4 years = more $$$$.

By: ???
by: nahJan 7, 2017 10:00:26 PM

nah its hardest for sophomores cause houses can only take so many, if you have a great personality i know achio and gphi and as long as your cool to kick it with, you'll be fine! houses can take as many juniors

By: nah
#5  by: hi   

i would be open minded to all houses because a lot would be willing to take juniors

By: hi
#6  by: yo   

knowing a friend helps, but know that all the girls in the house have to like you. Not just one person can get someone in a house. Also the money thing is true, houses want the max number of dues so freshmen are ideal, 4 years of dues instead of 3 or 2. Soph is the hardest year to get in because most houses have a max number they can take. Juniors are looked at more leniently, just going off people ive talked to.

By: yo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.