We only took girls with 3.75 or better

By: Theta
#2  by: gpa   

By: gpa
by: ?May 1, 2016 9:07:34 PM

which sorority?

By: ?
#3  by: ur good   

youll get a paper with all that information during first invite during recruitment. what is your gpa?

By: ur good
by: wonderingMay 8, 2016 3:28:01 PM

Seems to meet requirements but doesn't go over them much. Something came up in HS that I couldn't resolve. my sat and writing carried me past admissions, no doubt. Definitely worried about high GPA cutoffs beyond the paper minimums like Theta above and not sure if a lot of houses end up doing that.

By: wondering
#4  by: advice   

The only sororities with high gpa cutoffs are those with historically high gpas. They're also known to not take certain majors (xo, gphi, Sdt). That being said, these cutoffs aren't formal or anything, they just don't tend to consider girls with low gpas. A high gpa is always an advantage with any sorority and if you're around their listed cut off, which is usually around a 2.75 but I think xo was a 3, any sorority may cut you because of this. They simply don't want to deal with putting girls on academic probation and it looks bad for them as a house.

By: advice
by: thanksMay 11, 2016 2:14:42 AM

Do you guys only see GPA, or do you get the HS transcripts too? Like, mine would definitely show a major upward trend, if people did look at it.

By: thanks
by: u dumbMay 26, 2016 10:41:05 PM

gphi xo and sdt don't ever not take girls because of their majors .. you aren't even asked to provide that for formal recruitment, only your gpa. get your facts straight

By: u dumb
#5  by: yes   

we see gpa, act, etc. basically the info you give us when you sign up. i think

By: yes
#6  by: smartie   

if your GPA was good enough to get into U of I you should be fine lol

By: smartie

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.