facebook

fall 2014

by: letsgetreal

So who is taking a fall class for sororities next semester? I am a freshman who was not matched and dropped during formal recruitment and am really not looking to put myself through that again next year. But with the large pledge classes will anyone be even able to take a fall class? Personally I think they should ask the national people to let them increase their total number of sisters bc the increase interest in greek life for women at TCNJ over the past 2 years has been crazy! We just don't have enough sororities to accommodate the number of women who are interested!

Posted By: letsgetreal
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Fall 2014   

The only organization that will be taking a new class in the fall is Phi Sig. And increasing the number of total sisters an organization can have would be wayyy too much. Numbers would be in the 90s, lower 100s, and in my humble opinion that's way too many girls.
Alpha Xi Delta is coming to campus in spring 2015, and hopefully that will offset quota.

By: Fall 2014
#2  by: annoying   

I too am a freshman who dropped out of recruitment and was looking forward to being able to take part in a more laid back informal process in the fall. It is really sad that so many girls slipped through the cracks this year and that there is only 1 sorority that will be taking a Fall Class. It just just doesn't seem fair to all the girls like us who want to be a part of greek life without waiting an entire year and who knows the numbers next year could be even bigger.

By: annoying
#3  by: space   

Part of the reason sororities won't be able to take fall classes is due to the sheer size of the sororities versus the available space on campus. TCNJ's rooms are based around the 13:1 ratio of students to faculty and therefore classroom sizes are not large enough to accommodate organizations this large for meeting spaces. While it is a shame most sororities will not be able to take a fall class theres nothing their national organizations or TCNJ could do about it and often times going thru formal recruitment a second time is less stressful!

By: space
by: heYyyMay 11, 2014 2:46:32 AM

100% true-- listen to this post, because it's inside info (not secret or anything, but inside) from panhell meetings. there's this whole process with ratios, campus space, graduating seniors, etc. that other schools use too, that determines how many people are allowed to be in the organization from semester to semester. most sororities made quota and even exceeded it, so they're not allowed to take more. not enough large spaces to meet.

By: heYyy
#4  by: hi   

Alpha Xi Delta will be coming in the spring. They will be in the first round of recruitment. However, they will drop out after that round and host their own recruitment after the regular one is over. So take a chance on them! See if you like them the first round, and if you think that one is the right one for you, then you can drop recruitment and go out for them after!

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.