facebook

greek life rank

by: Txst

Fraternities:
While recent news has alleged one Fraternity or another with some type of charge this ranking looks past that since often it is just bad luck that a charge happens. The rankings are top, upper-middle, lower-middle and bottom (in no particular order otherwise).

TOP: ATO/ Delt

ATO consistently throws good parties, has a lot of involvement with the school (Student Government esp), and has a respectable reputation. They are average at sports.

Delt is known for throwing some of the best parties. Their house/ property is the largest on campus. They do not have very much involvement with the school, and don't have a good reputation. However, they are pretty dominate at sports.

UPPER MIDDLE: Pike, Sigma Chi, Phi Psi, KA, Pi Kap

Pike does not throw HUGE parties but once every 2 years, however they have some sort of following. They have above average involvement but have a declining reputation. They are above average at sports.

Sigma Chi is a lot like Pike in many respects, however their reputation has been growing. They are below average at sports.

Phi Psi was once considered bottom tier but they have done a lot to improve themselves. They have a consistent and semi-loyal following. Their involvement with the school is above average. They are about average at sports.

Posted By: Txst
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Txst   

KA is sometimes considered top tier, but their chapter is pretty small. They have "traditional" fraternity values (aka all white chapter). They have an average reputation and are below average at sports.

Pi Kap was once considered in the top tier (until Delt built their house). They party hard and are known for it. They don't have that good a reputation or campus involvement. They do pretty well at sports as of recently.\n\n\n\n\nSororitie

By: Txst
by: TxstJul 25, 2014 10:45:16 PM

LOWER MIDDLE: Kappa Sig, SAE, Sigma Nu

Kappa Sig have run into a lot of internal problems and are struggling to come out of it. They have largely been trying to keep it on the down low. Their membership is hurting but they have a very very strong allumni base to pull from.

SAE was once THE dominant force in all sports, but they have now become above average. That is pretty much all they had going for them, they need to diversify.

Sigma Nu is known for "swoll hispanics". They are ok at sports, but should be better for their athleticism they seem to show. Not the best reputation, but have some of the most well known allumni from Texas State.

By: Txst
#2  by: Spot on   

Everything that was said was true to a tee.

I will say that SAE looks like they got some really great improvements this last year with their house. It is just a bummer what happened to them nationally.

Sigma Chi which seemed to do nothing in fall(party wise), had really big themed parties almost every other weekend at their chapter house. Hopefully they decide to continue that. Also whether they suck at the sport or dominate it. The entire chapter seems to show up and show their support which makes it a lot more fun. (which can't be said for a lot of the others)

ATO didn't take the best pledge class last fall that they could have. But they were molded to become better which says a lot about their pledge program.

Phi Psi I heard got themselves a nice off campus house which should really help them with recruiting this year.

Delt who I think is the largest fraternity on campus will probably continue to dominate until someone builds a real fraternity house that more than 10 people can live in. Also one of them was telling me how they stand outside orientation and rush incoming freshmen. It is a smart move and a great way to get first selection. But also kind of shows a lack of faith in their formal rush process.

By: Spot on
#3  by: This   

The only Unbiasedly true thing ever written on this website

By: This
#4  by: For IFC   

This speaks so much truth. Thanks for whoever took the time to create this

By: For IFC
#5  by: IFC Pres?   

Wow, I mean wow. The amount of knowledge here has to come from some old IFC Pres or administration or something, anyway spot on.

By: IFC Pres?
#6  by: Spot on   

To a T

By: Spot on
#7  by: Best post I've seen   

This pretty much nails it.. Use this as a guide if you're rushing.

By: Best post I've seen
#8  by: 9 Inches   

A joke if you think Phi Tau is ahead of Theta Chi. They just scooped up a bunch of left over Phi Delts and Lambda Chis. We'll see what their Pledge class this Fall brings out

By: 9 Inches
by: HahaAug 28, 2014 12:49:29 PM

They weren't ordered in tiers.

By: Haha
#9  by: @9   

noone cares about either of yall...are you really arguing about who is the second to bottom fraternity on campus????

By: @9
#10  by: whooaaa   

accurate AF! thank you for some flippin honesty!!!

By: whooaaa

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.