facebook

dues?

by: transfer

I'm in a greek chapter at a different university, considering transfering to SMU, and was wondering what the ~average sorority dues were last year?

Posted By: transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: $$$   

If you have to ask, it will be too expensive...

By: $$$
by: not trueJul 23, 2014 11:53:49 AM

You would be a fool not to know what it costs to participate in an activity. Average yearly dues are around $3,000

By: not true
by: DuesJul 27, 2014 12:45:39 AM

The dues are more like $4000+ a year. It's around $2000 for most houses per semester

By: Dues
#2  by: Depends   

It really depends on the house. Gamma phi is like 800 and least expensive and Kappa is like 2500 and most expensive.

By: Depends
#3  by: Really   

After 3 1/2 years I learned the sorority actually spent @60% on actual expenses. We never could find out where the remaining 40% disappeared. However, the Sorority Officers always wore the latest in designer wear and had lots of top quality new shoes...

By: Really
#4  by: Mob Families   

I found sororities are like Mob Families. You never ask questions about finances. I found that my averaged dressed sisters became designer show models after they became sorority officers.

Our House mother just requested funds necessary for the maintenance of the house and we required receipts. The officers oversaw the remainder without any questions. They always had the largest closets filled with new clothes and shoes. No wonder there were always 3-5 sisters running for each open officer position.

By: Mob Families
#5  by: 2 1/2 Years Enough   

I joined KKG in my freshman year and yes their dues were expensive, almost $3,000 per semester. I was excited my first year with my new sisterhood but became concerned with the limited activity calendar and social exposure to all of the fraternities.

They really just mixed with SAE (Daddy’s money guys) and had limited mixers with two others. I wanted to meet guys from all of the fraternities but they wanted a tight circle of social exposure. We co-hosted a limited number of parties with SAE and had a few charitable events.

The high monthly dues were never formally explained to where I knew I was being ripped-off. I did not live in the house and wanted out of that cult. I was not active my senior year and spent my so-called dues on trips, clothes and having fun with my real friends. Had a BLAST.

By: 2 1/2 Years Enough
#6  by: Wow   

There should be a semi-annual audit on each House's finances by an outside third party. That is too much trust/money to place on 20-22 year olds....

By: Wow
#7  by: Sisters   

Require your Sorority have a January Independent Audit of ALL finances. This will allow current Officers to defend their actions or be charged with financial impropriety before they graduate in May.

An annual $500- $1 million house budget is too much trust/money to place on 20-22 year olds.... An average initial audit finds 5-10% budget improprieties. There are too many Sorority Officers wearing designer suits on a college student’s budget.

By: Sisters

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.