facebook

the best sororities on campus

by: newbie

hi, I'm attending SMU and I really want to be a part of Greek life. what are the best sororities on campus and can I have descriptions of all of them( the type of girls,fashion,attitude, etc) thanks!

Posted By: newbie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: LOL   

Mid houses would be

Chi-o--They are diverse and have girls who are involved on campus and they have high GPAs. You don't see them out as much though. They kinda fade into the background, nothing personal.

Tridelt--Involved on campus, quite a few athletes, high GPAs and a diverse group of girls. They do have inferiority complex though. They try really hard to move up but it's not gonna happen. Recent PCs have been gorgeous though, probably 2nd best looking tbh.

Lower
DG, A-ChiO, Gamma Phi

DG has potential to move up but they idk. Too diverse. They need to find a type.
A-ChiO has super involved girls, high GPA, well rounded girls and diverse.
Gamma Phi...they are there.

By: LOL
by: agreedMay 19, 2014 1:15:45 AM

These descriptions of Theta, PiPhi, Kappa, Chio, and Tridelt are pretty accurate.

By: agreed
by: ummlJun 19, 2014 7:37:32 AM

hello tridelt

By: umml
by: LoveJun 19, 2014 5:11:48 PM

They are all great

By: Love
#2  by: LOL   

I also wanna add that you shouldn't be close minded. If you're coming on here to ask for opinions, it's apparent that you need to be open minded. just sayin'
you can't afford to be picky

by: newbieMar 28, 2014 12:06:02 AM

I didn't mean to sound closed-minded..I honestly do not care about the tier as long as the girls are nice and I mesh well with them. I was just trying to get some opinions. on here. thanks anyway

By: newbie
by: LOLMar 28, 2014 11:54:23 AM

I'm not saying you! Sorry! I'm just telling you what kinda needs to be said

#3  by: here =] (pt 1)   

Alpha chi- Brilliant, chill, and definitely a lot of fun. In one word, involved. These girls are on top of it, and all over campus. They know what they need to do to be successful, and have a ridiculous amount of school spirit.
Delta Gamma- Down to earth, fun, diverse. If I had to pick one word for these girls, it would would be real. These girls tell it like it is, they're cute and outgoing without being air-headed. They also go out of their way to be kind.
Theta- Exciting, gorgeous, intelligent. Despite what some people say, these girls have a great gpa, and rock it in class. They also know how to have fun. In one word, balanced. They know how to party, but also have their school work prioritized. (They're also super sweet, in my experience).
Gamma Phi- Down to earth, loving, creative. In one word, loyal. These girls are together as a family, and tend to be very protective of each other. They're also really artistic, and you can see them all through meadows.
Kappa- Put together, fashionable, wealthy, fun. In one word, classy. You won't ever see a kappa looking sub-par. As a side note, not every Kappa is rich, but as an organization they do have the funds to have great events, and they do a lot for their philanthropy.

By: here =] (pt 1)
by: much more May 1, 2014 8:38:32 PM

much more accurate than first post

By: much more
#4  by: here =] (pt 2)   

Tri-delt- adventurous, gorgeous, fun. I don't know as many tri-delts (I'm trying to fix that, though. The few I do know are so fun and so sweet), so I'm not as positive about my assumptions. If I had to pick a word, though, I would pick exciting. These girls seem to have so much fun together, and I always see them around campus. Good looks mixed with adventurous personalities.
Pi Phi- Cute, fun, sweet, stunning. These girls are hands down the most gorgeous girls on campus. They always look great when they're out, and they're super sweet. In one word, adorable. Personality, looks, everything about them is adorable. I have never had a negative encounter with these ladies. If you are looking for attractive, sweet, peppy sisters, this is where to go.
Chi-O- Smart, kind, and extremely outgoing. This is another group of girls you will see all around campus. They are very attractive ladies, but the most important aspect of their sisterhood (to me), is how much they care about their sisters, and other people. These girls are always willing to lend a helping hand. In one word, altruistic. These girls have fun, are extremely intelligent, and look great, but their kindness is hands down the reason I love my chi-o friends.

By: here =] (pt 2)
#5  by: True   

First poster was most accurate although I wouldn't say theta is involved on campus. I don't know many thetas who are involved with anything but that's just been my experience. Besides that, pretty accurate rankings.

By: True
by: umm...Apr 15, 2014 10:25:22 AM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but second post is much more accurate

By: umm...
by: Incoming freshApr 15, 2014 4:22:40 PM

Loving whoever wrote comments 4 and 5. Sounds like a nice person who would be fun to know and happy with her life!

By: Incoming fresh
by: moreJun 19, 2014 7:35:07 AM

Depending on what you are looking for in a sorority there is much more to be gained than just partying with guys, after all, these four years in college are preparing us for life

By: more
#6  by: truth   

You need to get to know the girls. The fact that you're asking about the "best" sororities makes you kind of suspect as a social climbing wannabe. That's NOT the type of girl that will be welcomed into any of the sisterhoods at SMU. You might want to look at a school in the north where that's more the norm.

By: truth
by: weirdoApr 9, 2014 11:50:44 PM

such a lame, politically correct response. likely from someone in a bottom tier house

By: weirdo
by: @weirdo ^^^^^^Apr 10, 2014 8:24:21 PM

I'm a newly accepted student coming in.... Do all of the people in the top tier houses think it's good to be politically incorrect? Thank you so much for telling me. I think I might like the bottom tier houses better!

By: @weirdo ^^^^^^
by: Although^^^^Apr 10, 2014 8:25:28 PM

Although I'm sure people in the top tier houses are nice!

By: Although^^^^
by: newbieApr 13, 2014 1:45:54 PM

I'm not dumb enough to pick my sorority based on their popularity. I was just curious as I have said previously.. I want to know the type of people on this campus. I'm sorry you feel that way though xo

By: newbie
by: lmaoApr 14, 2014 11:11:51 PM

some of you are literally the same person pretending to be the OP

lame

By: lmao
by: #Apr 15, 2014 11:24:47 AM

Doubtful the original poster is actually a "newbie"

By: #
by: incoming freshMay 27, 2014 10:33:48 PM

Personally, I hope to get to know the people who write nice things on this site rather than the mean things

By: incoming fresh
#7  by: ..^^^^^^^ lol   

"The fact that you're asking about the "best" sororities makes you kind of suspect as a social climbing wannabe. That's NOT the type of girls that will be welcomed into any of the sisterhoods"
---- In a perfect world.....

By: ..^^^^^^^ lol
#8  by: @#10   

REally? In my house we refer to those girls as ones who would fit better in another house. We don't do desperate...

By: @#10
#9  by: @above   

I know what you mean but it sounds like other people may not. I suspect they are not in top houses. We have a great sisterhood and my house is consistently ranked as a top house. We don't want girls to be interested in us because we're "top." We want genuine girls who like us for who we are, not because they want to wear our letters like an exclusive accessory.

By: @above
by: LMAO ^^^^^^^^^Apr 15, 2014 3:24:15 PM

hahahahahah too funny

By: LMAO ^^^^^^^^^
by: @comment 12Apr 15, 2014 3:53:00 PM

As someone thinking about rushing as a freshman next year I came upon this site by accident, but find comment 12 kind of hard to believe ....If you want girls to like you for who you are, it doesn't seem like you would need to be on this site specifically telling people you are top tier. What would be the point if not to try to make them like you for that reason? Then again, some people write nice things on this site which makes me like Those people and wonder which groups they are in...

By: @comment 12
by: @@comment 12May 1, 2014 11:48:26 PM

You'll have a ton of chances to get to know all the girls next year and form your own opinions! Try to make the rounds to the tents during boulevarding and introduce yourself. Get to know everyone, and you'll find the people you really belong with. You seem sweet, and I think you'll make an absolutely wonderful addition to panhellenic. Every sorority is different, and fantastic, and I really hope you enjoy your greek experience =]

By: @@comment 12
#10  by: real life   

it goes like this

top tier:
theta/kappa/piphi
kappa is looking like 3rd place in the looks department

middle tier:
tridelt/chio

tridelt= prettier more fun/ chi-o= more involved, smarter, classier. you decide.

bottom:
dg
axo
gphi

this order has been the same for basically ever?

the top and middle tier orders change within each other. but the top will always stay the top and middle will always stay middle at least as long as there's spring rush.

By: real life
by: trueMay 19, 2014 1:30:34 AM

accurate

By: true
by: ^^^Jun 19, 2014 4:58:44 PM

In your opinion

By: ^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.