facebook

dating outside of greek

by: is this stupid

i feel like because my boyfriend isnt greek (he'll be with me at uk but isn't rushing) i cant rush... will we have problems ?

Posted By: is this stupid
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: It depends    

It depends on how much he trusts you. Let me explain.

As a girl in a sorority, you'll have different social events with fraternities. This mean you'll be surrounded by other guys and it's custom to socialize with them. This may upset your boyfriend. Also you may want to go to fraternity parties and consumer their alcohol. This may also upset your boyfriend.

If your boyfriend trusts you enough to not cheat on him, then it can work. But if not, don't let your boyfriend keep you from being active in your chapter and from going out!
Personally, I was a pledge in my fraternity for less than a month with my non greek girlfriend and I had to end it. Most GDIs struggle understand Greek life so that may become a problem. But best of luck to you!

By: It depends
by: sophJun 6, 2015 11:40:02 AM

boyfriends are temporary sisters are forevers, sounds dumb as hell but speaking from experience and i know many would agree.
Don't miss out on a very significant aspect of college because of a boyfriend, in fact you may even change his mind about greek life, its not what most expect. I personally didn't even want to go through recruitment at all, but I did just to see, and now i couldn't be more thankful. Never regretted it a day in my life. Keep in mind, if you do not like it, it's not you're trapped, you can leave whenever you want -but if you don't try you cannot just join one whenever. Like they always say... you only regret the things you don't try!

By: soph
#2  by: Greek Girl   

Don't let a relationship stop you from going through recruitment. I'm in a sorority and my boyfriend is a GDI and we are both very happy together and have been for a long time. Just because you're going greek doesn't mean you will have problems if he doesn't.

By: Greek Girl
#3  by: lol   

Lol its all fun and games till you go to a frat party and realize the dudes there are better than your boyfriend haha

By: lol
#4  by: hmm    

Okay so I'm in a sorority and my boyfriend for half the year was not in a fraternity. We didn't really have issues at all because we trust each other. I still went out with my sorority sisters and met guy friends in fraternities. So yes, it's possible to maintain a good relationship if one person is Greek and the other is not. :)

By: hmm
#5  by: No worries    

My boyfriend is not in greek life and I am. The only awkward situations could be bringing him to events where he doesn't know all the fraternity guys who will probably know each other. But you'll be fine. If he has a problem with you going to parties, explain that you're there to bond with your sisters and not to get with frat boys.

By: No worries
#6  by: seriously?   

Seriously? Just do what you want. If he has a problem with it, then that's his issue. Not yours. Don't miss out on what you really want to do for some guy. It is your life and you get to make the final say

By: seriously?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.