facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: wondering...

so i couldn't rush last fall (my freshman year) and apparently blanked on the whole spring rush thing haha. super excited to rush this fall. i have a competitive GPA (3.4) and i am a legacy of Theta, but i'll keep my options open - i'm not worried about getting a good bid. i'm honestly just worried that because i am not a freshman i won't bond with girls during rush week... i feel like i missed out on stuff already... thoughts?

Posted By: wondering...
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Do it   

Go through recruitment but just know that every bid is a good bid. Don't go through recruitment just to have the label of being in a certain sorority. No matter where you get a bid, you'll find girls waiting to welcome you and become your sisters and friends. Also lots of sophomores rush so don't let being older get in the way of you going through recruitment.

By: Do it
#2  by: Soph   

I'll be honest, it is a lot tougher. The most successful sophomores are the ones who have connections with girls in greek life already. I knew a few that got back all the houses they wanted. I got like 7/10 and 4/7 back. Just know it is possible and don't take things too personally. I ultimately got a sorority I really liked in the spring. :)

By: Soph
#3  by: Same   

Same here! I've heard the top sororities don't consider sophomores though.

By: Same
#4  by: Soph   

I know at least two sophomores personally who joined ADPI, as well as a Theta. I met several during the week that got invited back to tridelt and chio, too, but I don't know where they ended up. You definitely can be invited back to those houses, you just have to really stick out.

By: Soph
#5  by: not true    

there were sophomores who got bids to theta, tridelt, and adpi!

By: not true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.